“If I can get paid to go to UM, why would I go to Alabama” - TY Hilton

Advertisement
Bags are crucial for consistent success, but coaches and players still gotta get it done.

Fisher had the best recruiting classes money could buy and went 10-13 in the SEC his last three seasons.
didnt Jimbo have just 1 loaded class, and alot of them didnt pan out.....or am i mistaken?

Advertisement
I don't remember the years. Was the QB the same too? I just remember him not being very good when we played them.
Yeah same QB Braxton Miller. But you are correct they were trash. They did have Luke Fickell as the head coach.

Actually I just checked their schedule and all of their losses were within one score. They even beat a few ranked teams that year. We had the biggest margin of victory against them.

1000001091.jpg

Yeah but that team was incredibly talented. They literally went undefeated the next year with the same guys. With the logic of talent vs coaching I mean...

Wasn't that the year a bunch of dudes were suspended and they started True Freshman Braxton Miller when they should've had Terrell Pryor?

Correction, they started walk-on Joe Bauserman

Wasn't that the year a bunch of dudes were suspended and they started True Freshman Braxton Miller when they should've had Terrell Pryor?

Correction, they started walk-on Joe Bauserman
Braxton got in the game. No D made him look like a *****.

Crazy how a different coach can turn things around in a hurry

Advertisement
I don't know. Mario hasn't proven he can beat teams he already has a decided talent advantage over.

What's to learn from Jimbo? Talent alone doesn't get the job done. You have to coach it up, and put it in the right position to make plays that lead to winning games. So far, Mario has not shown he can do that. Building a roster is not the same thing as building a winner. This is my biggest concern with him.

Our 2001 team is a good example of what happens when you build it right. Butch Davis built a monster so dominant, a coaching staff full of first timers could win a title with it. They were disciplined, talented, and hard working. They did things right. Not simply because they were more talented, but because they were better coached. I have yet to look at a Mario team and say, "They look better coached than the other team." That concerns me.

Here's hoping that starts to change this year

I don't know. Mario hasn't proven he can beat teams he already has a decided talent advantage over.

What's to learn from Jimbo? Talent alone doesn't get the job done. You have to coach it up, and put it in the right position to make plays that lead to winning games. So far, Mario has not shown he can do that. Building a roster is not the same thing as building a winner. This is my biggest concern with him.

Our 2001 team is a good example of what happens when you build it right. Butch Davis built a monster so dominant, a coaching staff full of first timers could win a title with it. They were disciplined, talented, and hard working. They did things right. Not simply because they were more talented, but because they were better coached. I have yet to look at a Mario team and say, "They look better coached than the other team." That concerns me.

Here's hoping that starts to change this year.
Jimbo is a bad example because everyone is leaving out the fact that yea he signed a bunch of top 10 classes but so did almost everyone else in his conference lol The Sec is the only conference were you can sign a Top 10 class in the country and still not be top 3 in the conference. You keep signing top 10 classes in the acc and its going to be hard to not win atleast 9 games a season

The lesson is don't let your starting QB get hurt. He needed to change things but is Weigman doesn't get hurt their season looks a lot different.
Wouldn't matter if his defense wasn't cheeks. Could've sworn all that money went mostly to defense, just for them to not field a top 15 squad. Offense scored 33ppg

What about development? I know our structure is improving but how can you go against the development of Bama as an NFL factory whereas we are destroying player’s chances of getting drafted (granted a lot of our NFL prospects have self sabotaged hy plaij ducking or not testing well).

What about development? I know our structure is improving but how can you go against the development of Bama as an NFL factory whereas we are destroying player’s chances of getting drafted (granted a lot of our NFL prospects have self sabotaged hy plaij ducking or not testing well).
U think Bain would have ruined his stock if he went to JSU? Dude is just a beast that can develop anywhere. You get the right players then that development myth goes away

Advertisement

This isn’t a matter of development. Recruit the right guys and this won’t matter. Saban wouldn’t have magically turned LT into a top 10 pick. Most of this discussion is about what’s between the kids ears and lack of athleticism we’ve had.

This tells you all you need to know. Guys basically say saban paid them. There’s a reason he quit once the field was leveled.
Amazing how Mario became a great recruiter while at Alabama... that all his guys played for free while Alabama was paying the rest of them is really something ...

Advertisement

Here's hoping that starts to change this year.
Here’s a Mario led team going into the Shoe and beating a team with more talent pretty **** convincingly:

that said he lost a few games at Oregon, on paper he shouldn’t had. He also won 2 conference titles. He hasn’t done **** at Miami. Miami also had been boarder-line mediocre for 20 years. The talent acquisition going on right now is among the best in the nation. With all the Miami hate going around rn we must be doing something right this offseason

Personal attacks
Here’s a Mario led team going into the Shoe and beating a team with more talent pretty **** convincingly:

that said he lost a few games at Oregon, on paper he shouldn’t had. He also won 2 conference titles. He hasn’t done **** at Miami. Miami also had been boarder-line mediocre for 20 years. The talent acquisition going on right now is among the best in the nation. With all the Miami hate going around rn we must be doing something right this offseason

1000001095.gif

Mario, beating teams with more talent? That's a new one. I didn't realize he was such a corching wiz.

When was the last time 35-28 counted as "pretty **** convincingly?"

2016 Pittsburgh beat national champion Clemson pretty **** convincingly 43-42. CMR beat that Pitt team pretty **** convincingly 51-28

2014 VT beat national champion OSU pretty **** convincingly 35-21👀 BTW Al Golden beat that VT team pretty **** convincingly 30-6

2011 Al Golden beat a more talented OSU team pretty **** convincingly 24-6

2021 Mario and Oregon lost pretty **** convincingly against Stanford, Utah, Utah again, and OU.

What's the point? It's that your point is meaningless.

Didn't Mario lose to less talented MTSU, Pitt, and Duke teams... I don't know the correct verbage based on the precedent that you set... Mario was Nuked?

Get off of Mario's ****

1000001101.gif

Last edited:
I just checked. All of his classes except for his first (17th) were top 10.
On paper A&M was by a significant margin the strongest team that we faced last year.

If Mario can't win, there won't be donors or NIL money to disperse. I agree with TY but ultimately, that's a short-term fix. You can't sell kids on NIL and potential forever.
Also if the bulk of your players are round 7 or UDFA they won’t stay. NIL $ is good now. But guys want to be drafted in guaranteed rounds. And not one per year. Multiple.

Advertisement
Back