2024 Xavier Lucas 3* CB/S from STA sticks w/Wisconsin

Advertisement
Yeah, I didn’t really believe it. The rumor mill was that there were off-field people that he wanted to get away from. Not issues with the kid himself.
Highly unlikely. Xavier is one of the best kids I've ever coached. (on and off the field) Both parents in the house. 4.0 GPA type student. Doesn't really "hang out". Not a street kid. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe he has some friends that are **** heads that want to ride his coattails. That was a big issue with some of our former local kids who stayed home. (won't say any names)

Hopefully Xavier gets tired of that cold weather and wants to come home next season.

Advertisement
Highly unlikely. Xavier is one of the best kids I've ever coached. (on and off the field) Both parents in the house. 4.0 GPA type student. Doesn't really "hang out". Not a street kid. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe he has some friends that are **** heads that want to ride his coattails. That was a big issue with some of our former local kids who stayed home. (won't say any names)

Hopefully Xavier gets tired of that cold weather and wants to come home next season.
Xavier, OJ, Damari, and the crop coming in…. That would flip the script on that CB room post haste!

Honestly I can never hate on a kid that just wants to go away for school/life. The idea that you’re indebted to your home area in some way is totally delusional. Your area is gonna be fine lol live your life and go where is best for you.

That said, I’m glad So Fla kids feel this obligation and hope they go to UM and kill it and feel fulfilled serving their community. But yeah, I’ve always thought if I had the chance I’d want to go somewhere else. I didn’t have any athletic prospects but in my own life I got out as soon as I could so I can totally understand kids that want something new. They’ve earned it if they want it.

Advertisement
Back