WR board (2024 portal edition)

Early potential shopping list for next cycle

Naw fam I think the point of that is to show you which players have hit zero of the metric thresholds across the board
  • Ten receptions
  • 100 receiving yards
  • Five rush attempts
  • 15 rush yards
  • One rush TD
  • Ten scrimmage touches
  • 115 scrimmage yards
  • Five punt or kick returns
So ****ey, Inniss, Hy Williams, etc hit zero of them in year 1 and still ain't showing out in the 2 games of this season. In other words they're trending to be blue chip busts.
Prioritizing them in the portal would essentially be going the FSU route and banking on their HS potential even tho they've showed nothing at the college level.
The guys from that list that aren't Year 1 Zero's (Branch, Cook, Tate) I can't see leaving their current schools cause why would they?
I'd prefer we continue to go after dudes that've proven it at the college level and were underrated coming out of HS, the Meesh Powell's and Elijah Alston's of the world.
Kevin Concepcion comes to mind if he'd be willing to leave NC State.

Advertisement
Naw fam I think the point of that is to show you which players have hit zero of the metric thresholds across the board
  • Ten receptions
  • 100 receiving yards
  • Five rush attempts
  • 15 rush yards
  • One rush TD
  • Ten scrimmage touches
  • 115 scrimmage yards
  • Five punt or kick returns
So ****ey, Inniss, Hy Williams, etc hit zero of them in year 1 and still ain't showing out in the 2 games of this season. In other words they're trending to be blue chip busts.
Prioritizing them in the portal would essentially be going the FSU route and banking on their HS potential even tho they've showed nothing at the college level.
The guys from that list that aren't Year 1 Zero's (Branch, Cook, Tate) I can't see leaving their current schools cause why would they?
I'd prefer we continue to go after dudes that've proven it at the college level and were underrated coming out of HS, the Meesh Powell's and Elijah Alston's of the world.
Kevin Concepcion comes to mind if he'd be willing to leave NC State.
Hykeem, Inniss and ****ey were our 3 big WR targets that year we swung and missed on. Dont know if i should be happy about that or that our talent scouting for WR's sucks...

the moment buddy wore #99 as a WR last year, i knew he was bound for nada.

you don’t wear some bull**** like that and ball 🤣
Cant believe we still trotting out a PR with #35 tear away jersey.. CMON MAN!!!

Advertisement
Back