Worst 5 losses post 1980

TerragonSix's List Of Torture And Pain

1.) 2002 National Championship Game
2.) 2008 UVA
3.) 1986 Fiesta Bowl
4.) 1987 Notre Dame
5.) Hail Flutie
Canes beat ND 24-0 in 1987. Nothing painful about that.

The ‘88 game where Cleveland crossed the plane, on the other hand...yeah, that one belongs on the list.

Advertisement
1. Ohio State 31 Miami 24
2. Penn State 14 Miami 10
3. Alabama 34 Miami 13
4. Notre Dame 31 Miami 30
5. Washington 38 Miami 20
Good List (Bad list??)
5 games, 5 Natty's....down the drain.

Saturdays loss was easily one of the top 5 worst coaching jobs in hurricane history. It's probably the worse. The golden loss to 2-10 Maryland is up there along with that fine FIU coaching debacle last year. 49-0 last game in OB another game full of coaching blunders.

Diaz get's the nod since unc set an NCAA record basically running the same dam run play all game. Then he gave up in the third quarter like a true hoe.

All of the games referenced bring back painful memories. Awful thoughts. That said, Saturday's game was as bad as any. Hard to say it was the worst, but a definite contender. It's a home game, evenly matched teams and Miami got raped from start to finish. UNC did nothing fancy, just beat the living **** out of the Canes. Miami got embarrassed, couldn't tackle, players quit, coaches were clueless to make adjustments, head coach melted on the sidelines, as UNC rubbed noses in it flashing upside down U.
On a final note, the HC and his defensive scheme were exposed for all to see.
This one won't be forgotten.

Advertisement
What do you got.

1. 58-0 Clemson
2. FIU last year
3. 47-0 FSU
4. 66-13 Cuse
5. Saturday UNC

That’s my list. Did I forget one?
Maryland in 1984. I think it was Jimmy's first year. Could have been 1985. Captain comeback Frank Reich shredded us in the 2nd half.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back