Will The "U" Turn CAM WARD Loose in 2024

I really don’t see how if we are healthy on offense we don’t score 34ppg and I really don’t see Guidry with a DL like this giving up 35ppg. Health is beyond important but year 2 same coordinators and the fact that Guidry sort of is a wizard I can’t see Dawson ******* up Cam on offense.

Advertisement

Hopefully we just keep Cam out of situations where he can turn the ball over.

I feel certain he has learned or is learning how to take care of the ball, but if we utilize the run successfully, with our OL, he shouldn't have to be in dangerous traffic situations too often to risk it.
Of course we will need to use his feet, and should even scheme for it at times..I just want to keep him out bouncing in and out and around the busted pocket too much.

If you are running for 6 yards a pop then you run the ball 40+ times. That's football101.

When you do pass, everything is wide open and your QB goes 20-28 and 300 yards.

This is a dream scenario for nearly every coach and if we do this we win 10+.

Here is a perfect example of this happening in a championship game with Mario coaching the OL.

I feel certain he has learned or is learning how to take care of the ball, but if we utilize the run successfully, with our OL, he shouldn't have to be in dangerous traffic situations too often to risk it.
Of course we will need to use his feet, and should even scheme for it at times..I just want to keep him out bouncing in and out and around the busted pocket too much.
His screen game is nuts cause he gives the wr like an extra second with his quick footwork and elite quick release. Guys are going to be able to zoom on screen passes. I remember it would take ages to do screens and DBs would jump it immediately. Sort of like what Tracy Howard did in a game vs someone I forgot who.

Advertisement
I think we run the ball as much as possible if the run game is there. If you can bully a team then that is the safe way to victory
christmas vacation GIF

If you are running for 6 yards a pop then you run the ball 40+ times. That's football101.

When you do pass, everything is wide open and your QB goes 20-28 and 300 yards.

This is a dream scenario for nearly every coach and if we do this we win 10+.

Here is a perfect example of this happening in a championship game with Mario coaching the OL.

No doubt Mario wnats to win ecwry game 56 to zip with eight 5 to 7 min td drives and 8 3 and outs. This is would be a "perfect" game

Advertisement
After reading the comments, let me add this to OP’s original question.

How much pressure does Ward’s NIL deal put on Dawson to use him heavily in the passing game?

I know we all just want to win, but we all know from pro sports that with money come increased expectations for the player and how a coach uses the player. I wonder if Mario and Dawson don’t feel pressure, maybe even just internally, to have Ward put up big numbers to:
1. justify Ward’s NIL deal
2. Attract the next portal QB
3. Attract 5* WRs in 2025/2026
I’m with @Dwinstitles in that I could care less about offensive distribution so long as UM is winning, but if I’m the HC or OC I may feel differently for the reasons provided.

Also ^^^

They let the Make A Wish QB we had last year throw early and often. What makes y'all think they're not gonna let Cam do his thing?

saw the Dmoney show talking about his fumbles... obviously you can't grow a bigger hand, but are they working on Grip strength training with him, just thought that may help a bit..

Advertisement
saw the Dmoney show talking about his fumbles... obviously you can't grow a bigger hand, but are they working on Grip strength training with him, just thought that may help a bit..
Oh yeah, I heard they were making efforts. Thanks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back