Will The "U" Turn CAM WARD Loose in 2024

Advertisement
The truth is if Damien Martinez is as good as we all expect AND Fletcher comes back relatively early every possession we have Cam can make super explosive plays because you can’t arm tackle either of those RBs so they’ll need to keep the box stacked. I have a feeling Jacolby getting loose deep is going to be a common play.

I think we run the ball as much as possible if the run game is there. If you can bully a team then that is the safe way to victory
Bait GIF

Advertisement
I think we run the ball as much as possible if the run game is there. If you can bully a team then that is the safe way to victory
It will probably get to point where teams try to sit in two hi shell and bait us to run the ball but our QB is live too I would imagine in certain games and that just wont be possible.. This offense has soo many issues for a defensive Coord if we are not top 10 in nation Dawson should be let go and I am setting the bar lowwww..

Back to the video, the guy is a air raid purist so I dont take his comment of 70/30 seriously. The "air raid" evolved long ago from that, all the guys have run elements now. You need run game. And that is fine but we cant just be run up middle duo all game long. If I see Mccormick on field so we are basically playing 10 on 11 and Restreo motion in to stand next to him and block :snoopfacepalm:

THAT IS NOT THE MOTION WE WANT *******!!

Hope we have a balanced offense where ALL of our weapons are used. First time in awhile where I am excited about the depth we have at WR/TE/RB. Pair that with Ward and our OL and we should wear teams out a d score some points. Let’s stay healthy and have an amazing season!

Advertisement
I get that thinking, but we are 1 RB injury away from a scary stable of in-experienced RB's.. and even if Damien stays healthy, I want him fresh through the entire season... We have wayyy too many possible playmakers catching the ball, to just pound the ball..

X - we know what he's gonna do
JG - money season for him
Brown - A candidate for a huge season
Horton - Trickled in for big plays

Arroyo - Money Season
Riley & Lofton - eating as much as they can

And we PAID a dude to come here and sling it around......

*** And that's not even including several of the stud young guys that could pop

I mean is it even really a question? Why wouldn't he? Do or die year three where the program HAS to take a step forward and Miami finally has its first real quarterback in two decades—as well as an offensive line that can protect the kid; which he didn't have at Wazzu and he still thrived.

Turn him loose; nothing to lose. Paid a mint for the kid and need a 10-win season, minimum.

After reading the comments, let me add this to OP’s original question.

How much pressure does Ward’s NIL deal put on Dawson to use him heavily in the passing game?

I know we all just want to win, but we all know from pro sports that with money come increased expectations for the player and how a coach uses the player. I wonder if Mario and Dawson don’t feel pressure, maybe even just internally, to have Ward put up big numbers to:
1. justify Ward’s NIL deal
2. Attract the next portal QB

I’m with @Dwinstitles in that I could care less about offensive distribution so long as UM is winning, but if I’m the HC or OC I may feel differently for the reasons provided.

Advertisement
After reading the comments, let me add this to OP’s original question.

How much pressure does Ward’s NIL deal put on Dawson to use him heavily in the passing game?

I know we all just want to win, but we all know from pro sports that with money come increased expectations for the player and how a coach uses the player. I wonder if Mario and Dawson don’t feel pressure, maybe even just internally, to have Ward put up big numbers to:
1. justify Ward’s NIL deal
2. Attract the next portal QB

I’m with @Dwinstitles in that I could care less about offensive distribution so long as UM is winning, but if I’m the HC or OC I may feel differently for the reasons provided.

Win. By any means necessary.

Doing that with the kind of team he’s assembled is a fireable offense.

LOL - wrong!

Losing is the fireable offense, not running your preferred offense is not a fireball offense.

Downhill running game = a crazy good passing offense with what we have on board talent-wise.

Advertisement
Depends on the opponent. UF opener, let it fly, same with Louisville and FSU. Everybody else ... you game plan based on their performance.
Yea if someone can’t stop the run you run it if they can’t stop the pass you pass it. They can’t stop both you do both lol simple

They didn’t pay Ward a ton of money to hand the ball off 50 times a game.

If they plan on ever attracting a quality quarterback again, they’d better showcase the passing game.

I expect us to have good balance. Probably a little run heavy against the weak teams and a bit pass heavy against the better teams.

Advertisement
Back