Why do teams keep stacking the box

Cam putting out some tape last night keeping the zone read is only going to make opposing Defensive staffs head spin even more. Also he took what the defense gave him more last night with his legs and that is even more demoralizing.

Opposing Defensive staffs are losing their minds trying to figure out how to stop this dude and having to defend the zone read makes that INFINITELY harder.

I thought we put out some bad tape defensively last night and excellent tape offensively

Advertisement
There probably isnt 2 linebackers in the country that can run with Chris Johnson so good luck.

Sh*t Cam under threw a lay up td tonight...if u wanna play shell he will hit Fletcher, CJ, and Martinez in the flat and they will get 10 a pop and Cam is cool with that...the'l break a tackle or 2 and then your still f*cked lol

Yeha Johnson had his guy beta by 3yds and Cam floated it

DCs pride themselves on stopping the run or making a team one dimensional. They stuffed the run pretty well for 2.5 quarters. I'll give them that.

From a defensive coordinator standpoint, you kinda have to stack the box versus TE formations. (11 & 12 personnel)
It's just a numbers game.

Advertisement
I think what will serve us well when teams inevitably start playing 2-high and drop 8 and play more conservative in general are a couple things.

1. Cam has enough mobility to make them pay for doing that, which someone like TVD didn’t have last year. Mahomes and Allen use their legs (to different degrees) to punish teams who play that defense against them, and it seems cam has that same ability

2. More importantly, our offensive line is elite and so many offensive lines in the NFL are horrible. Cam has all day to sit back there, keep sliding in the pocket and wait for things to open up. You can drop as many as you want, but the longer you allow routes to develop, naturally that’s more space for defenders to cover and then coverages just spring leaks everywhere if you extend plays long enough.

Someone else mentioned it as well, but hitting the checkdowns is another game changer these days. Something very simple that qbs don’t do enough these days

Advertisement
Back