Which Comeback Player Will Have The Best Season in 2017?

Has to be Cager, IMO.

Patchan and Gordinier are in talented units with depth and experience.

Gray hasn't shown anything since being on campus.

Advertisement
None of the above.

Darrion Owens at LB will start in game one and possible keep that role as a starter. He was a starter in '15 before his knee injury and and did not recover fully for the '16 season. Now, he looks ready.

At 6'3", 240 lbs, this former high school safety could surprise us all in '17. He's my pick for comeback player of the year.

Do you really expect Owens to beat out Pinckney? Owens will play for sure but he won't start.

None of the above.

Darrion Owens at LB will start in game one and possible keep that role as a starter. He was a starter in '15 before his knee injury and and did not recover fully for the '16 season. Now, he looks ready.

At 6'3", 240 lbs, this former high school safety could surprise us all in '17. He's my pick for comeback player of the year.

How can Owens be Comeback POY in 2017 when he played all year in 2016?

I believe that Cager will never figure prominently in the Miami offense at WR.

He is just not as athletically gifted as most of his competition on the WR unit.

He never flashed as a Freshman. He had great difficulty getting separation and his YAC was pathetic.

Its not good enough just to be tall.

I think the top 3 on this list should be:

1. Cager
2. Owens
3. Linder

Those are the only 3 that can possibly start. I think Owens will win. Even though he played a little last year, we could all tell he was not back yet.

Advertisement
What can we expect from a healthy choc? What's his prognosis now anyways? Will he be ready?

Advertisement
Owen. It was hard watching him run last year. That defense with Grace, AQM, and Young...what could have been.

Advertisement
Solid thread. I'll play... Probably going to be Cager with Patchan as a strong second place.

I don't see Gray getting a lot of carries and Gordinier has a lot of talent in front of him at LB.

Honestly, I sometimes forget that Patchan is on the team which is crazy due to how talented he could be if he stays healthy.

I think the fact that the coaches are campaigning so hard for a grad transfer at RB tells you all you need to know about Choc. The pick is Cager.

Advertisement
I dont know what anyone has seen from Owens to make them think he will hold on to that spot past Game 1. Sure he will look dominate against BCC. But its when he has to line up against FSU and its athlete for athlete.. that will show people hes just not what he use to be. In fact, I think hes actually too big. 240? Too big. I would love to be wrong as he will be a great backup but a starter? No way.

Patchan is the Bobby Gehrig Burns of the defense. I'll buy Patchan when he can string together 3 plays without his dried rubber band tendons snapping. He's an incredible natural pass rusher though.

Advertisement
Back