When is showboating counter productive

Go Canes!!

Leading the charge
Premium
Don’t know why I found this tweet so interesting. At what point do the coaches deserve blame for giving the refs something to continue calling?

Advertisement
Who was the penalty on and for what?

Advertisement
Just in general, I've always liked celebrations, anything that puts more fun in football. Individual expression is a good thing. Think Michael Irvin to the crowd after a catch. Controlling conservative types hate this, and they've historically hated Miami. In return, I hate them back. But I draw the line at taunting. Penalize that all you want. It's pretty easy to make the distinction.

Just in general, I've always liked celebrations, anything that puts more fun in football. Individual expression is a good thing. Think Michael Irvin to the crowd after a catch. Controlling conservative types hate this, and they've historically hated Miami. In return, I hate them back. But I draw the line at taunting. Penalize that all you want. It's pretty easy to make the distinction.
You sound dumb when you make generalizations

I would taunt you further but sounds like you can’t handle that

If you want to do this just talk. Anything physical is to get attention. To get people looking at you. Refs can't always hear you.

This is an aspect of the game. Playing against the refs. It's just like offense or defense or special teams.

Can't have people like that on the team. It'll cost you games.

Celebrating with your teammates or the crowd after a huge play is passion and I’m all for it. Football needs it, but taunting and singling out the opponent is selfish and has no place in the sport.

Players who love football and their team first celebrate.

Players who love themselves taunt.

Advertisement
You sound dumb when you make generalizations
I would taunt you further but sounds like you can’t handle that
Sounds like you easily jump to stupid conclusions about things you resent. Seriously, if you actually have some thoughts about the issue, can't you express them without a personal attack?

Sounds like you easily jump to stupid conclusions about things you resent. Seriously, if you actually have some thoughts about the issue, can't you express them without a personal attack?
Easily jump to stupid conclusions about things you resent?

You mean EXACTLY what you did?

Your hypocrisy is astounding

Advertisement
Easily jump to stupid conclusions about things you resent?
You mean EXACTLY what you did?
Your hypocrisy is astounding
Ah, so you're unable (unwilling) to make the distinction between an attack and a response to it. Convenient.

Advertisement
When is showboating counterproductive?

Never...

tenor.gif

I still don’t know what happened in the video? Is the tall kid talking trash? I’m not sure what anyone is doing wrong here

Advertisement
Back