What's up with Jekiri?

Got hit with some ticky tack calls last night. Hopefully the refs let them play tomorrow. We can't win with him on the bench going forward.

Advertisement
I hope that's the reason, and not his softness, but I don't buy it.

Commentators in PR tourney were saying "possible first rounder", "one of the top big men in the country". Unbelievable regression.

I think it has to do with what was mentioned here, not giving him the work. Combined with pressure of the hype he was getting through the fall games, and he mentally just couldn't cope. Really sad because the dominating play early this season would have made him a lot of money.

He played like a lottery pick against Utah.

He's always been bad with the ball in his hands. He's there to rebound and defend.

If we need him to make shots at the rim we're in trouble.

That's because we rarely go inside to him to get him the work. I agree tho...he must be hurt...he came out very explosive this year and you could see the time he put in on the offensive end. Nowhere to be found now.

If the dude would attack the basket more, he would be tough to stop.

All that said, the officials have been all over him with ticky tack horse**** calls that literally take him out of games...then he is gone mentally it seems the rest of the way.

This. You just basically explained everything perfectly right there.

You obviously don't follow college basketball. Go back and watch the Utah game.

Yeah you can name one game clown. A game that we won by 24.

Jekiri blows offensively. He's a 7-footer who shoots 53% from the field.

He doesn't blow offensively. He didn't play as much as Coach L went with a smaller but more athletic lineup about 15 minutes in. Murphy played well. You'll see more Jekiri tomorrow I'd suspect.

Advertisement
He doesn't blow offensively. He didn't play as much as Coach L went with a smaller but more athletic lineup about 15 minutes in. Murphy played well. You'll see more Jekiri tomorrow I'd suspect.

Last night was just one game.

He's a 53% shooter this year and a 50% shooter for his career. Unless he's getting uncontested dunks we're inefficient when he gets the ball down low.

Last night was just one game.

He's a 53% shooter this year and a 50% shooter for his career. Unless he's getting uncontested dunks we're inefficient when he gets the ball down low.

Sad to say, he has had MANY uncontested dunk opportunities this year, I have seen him dunk once.

Still...we don't work the ball inside enough. In theory, he is such a mismatch inside.

Norte Shame on the road was the last time I saw us use him to get their big man in foul trouble...not much before that or after.

If he's not hurt, then I've got nothing...no way for me to reconcile how he looked early on to now, except for some horrorific officiating.

Last edited:
He's never been good offensively. But he isn't nearly as active on the boards or defensively recently. A bit strange.

Advertisement
He's a pretty methodical college center. Doesn't have the raw strength or athleticism. But he still makes life **** for a lot of college teams on defense with those long arms.

Advertisement
Back