What's up with Jekiri?

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
If you look at his play in the PR tournament compared to now, it doesn't seem like the same guy. He went from looking like a premier big man in the nation, to a guy who couldn't stay on the court against an undersized Buffalo team. Strange for a player to improve so much over 3+ years, and then regress over the course of his senior season. I wonder if he's been playing hurt.

Advertisement
If you look at his play in the PR tournament compared to now, it doesn't seem like the same guy. He went from looking like a premier big man in the nation, to a guy who couldn't stay on the court against an undersized Buffalo team. Strange for a player to improve so much over 3+ years, and then regress over the course of his senior season. I wonder if he's been playing hurt.

That would be my guess. He isn't as explosive or confident out there.

He's always been bad with the ball in his hands. He's there to rebound and defend.

If we need him to make shots at the rim we're in trouble.

Advertisement
He got hurt against Florida....remember? He really hasn't looked the same since then.

I remember the injury. I also remember being at the FSU game a month later and seeing him grab a rebound and go coast to coast for a dunk. He certainly didn't look hobbled.

He got hurt against Florida....remember? He really hasn't looked the same since then.

I remember the injury. I also remember being at the FSU game a month later and seeing him grab a rebound and go coast to coast for a dunk. He certainly didn't look hobbled.

He hasn't looked hobbled at all. Doesn't mean he's not feeling it, and doesn't mean he can't turn it on every so often.

Advertisement

He hasn't looked hobbled at all. Doesn't mean he's not feeling it, and doesn't mean he can't turn it on every so often.

Well whatever it is, WSU has a guy who's built like a Mack truck, so Jekeri better step it up and not be sitting on the bench with 2 fouls 5 minutes into the game.

Well whatever it is, WSU has a guy who's built like a Mack truck, so Jekeri better step it up and not be sitting on the bench with 2 fouls 5 minutes into the game.

Morris?

Morris?

Yes.

Morris?

Yes.

Murphy may be the better match up.

Advertisement
He's always been bad with the ball in his hands. He's there to rebound and defend.

If we need him to make shots at the rim we're in trouble.

That's because we rarely go inside to him to get him the work. I agree tho...he must be hurt...he came out very explosive this year and you could see the time he put in on the offensive end. Nowhere to be found now.

If the dude would attack the basket more, he would be tough to stop.

All that said, the officials have been all over him with ticky tack horse**** calls that literally take him out of games...then he is gone mentally it seems the rest of the way.

Morris?

Yes.

Murphy looks like a string bean next to that cat.

Morris?

Yes.

Murphy looks like a string bean next to that cat.

Murphy is 6-8, 220. Jekiri is 7-0, 245. This guy is 6-7, 260.

Advertisement
Guy is terrified of initiating contact since he's getting fouls called on him every 30 seconds

I hope that's the reason, and not his softness, but I don't buy it.

Commentators in PR tourney were saying "possible first rounder", "one of the top big men in the country". Unbelievable regression.

I think it has to do with what was mentioned here, not giving him the work. Combined with pressure of the hype he was getting through the fall games, and he mentally just couldn't cope. Really sad because the dominating play early this season would have made him a lot of money.

Advertisement
Back