What's going on with the 6th man?

CaneInTheHouse

Sophomore
Out already 1 game this year and now a 3 game suspension. I hope he doesn't ***** this up for a really good team that I think will finally get the program past the sweet 16.

Advertisement
I gotcha and respect your word. Sux, because if it is true, anyone who likes it the first time, likes it. Kid has game.

Advertisement
At least he picked an ideal time to **** up. We've already clinched the double bye for the ACCT so now he can rest that knee he injured against UNC.

Hopefully we don't see this sh*t next year though, losing him then would really hurt.

Advertisement
I thought suspended players aren't allowed to be with the team? And he did appear to have about zero contrition for whatever it was he did to get suspended.

I thought suspended players aren't allowed to be with the team? And he did appear to have about zero contrition for whatever it was he did to get suspended.

Ja'Quan Newton
Ja'Quan Newton – ‏@J_Newton0

I'm never going back from where I came from
8:56 AM - 28 Feb 2016
27 RETWEETS29 LIKES

He also tweeted a thanks to the team for having his back (read, saving his ***) by winning on Saturday. I'm sure he feels bad. I'm sure a lot of the celebration was relief.

Advertisement

What does the appearance of contrition look like?

I'm glad he was rooting on the team rather than being a mope and sulking because he screwed up. It's not like he got dressed for the game and went out on the court oblivious to his punishment.

I'm glad he was rooting on the team rather than being a mope and sulking because he screwed up. It's not like he got dressed for the game and went out on the court oblivious to his punishment.

His contrition was in his tweet thanking his brothers for taking up the slack for his suspension.

Advertisement

Ja'Quan Newton

27 RETWEETS29 LIKES

It sounds to me like he probably had friends coming into Miami from Phili to watch the Louisville game. He went out with them Friday night (because sometimes that's what you do with your old crew out of pressure). Most top coaches have curfew before game day (UConn does) and Newton was not in. He probably was out with his boys doing whatever....fill in the blank who knows. I think this might be a reasonable explanation for JL stating "he is a great kid but made a mistake".

This kid is invaluable as another lead guard. A luxury not all elite teams have in the back court. Miami will not get to the FF or win the National Championship without JN (you have a legit shot). I was at the Virginia game. Beating Louisville without him was HUGE as it relates to NCAA seeding. Newton's selfish acts could have cost you a seed line. Instead AR & Co. delivered the goods.

Good luck! I am rooting hard for Miami. I would like to see the Canes in Houston.

Ja'Quan Newton

27 RETWEETS29 LIKES

It sounds to me like he probably had friends coming into Miami from Phili to watch the Louisville game. He went out with them Friday night (because sometimes that's what you do with your old crew out of pressure). Most top coaches have curfew before game day (UConn does) and Newton was not in. He probably was out with his boys doing whatever....fill in the blank who knows. I think this might be a reasonable explanation for JL stating "he is a great kid but made a mistake".

This kid is invaluable as another lead guard. A luxury not all elite teams have in the back court. Miami will not get to the FF or win the National Championship without JN (you have a legit shot). I was at the Virginia game. Beating Louisville without him was HUGE as it relates to NCAA seeding. Newton's selfish acts could have cost you a seed line. Instead AR & Co. delivered the goods.

Good luck! I am rooting hard for Miami. I would like to see the Canes in Houston.

^^^Well said. Lets go Canes!

Not saying he should be a mope. But he obviously did something pretty dumb to get suspended for 3 games, so if L is letting him sit court side, why not sit there respectfully and root the team on without the "look at me" choreographed field goal routine?

Advertisement
Back