What progress looks like in year 3 for Mario?

Advertisement
I'd like to see Corchobal without a head set just standing at the fifty yard line, this is so he can't get involved in any game time decisions

I see no reason why that line won’t be 7.5 (again).
I think we'll beat BC on Saturday (temp 50 degrees and sunny).
If so, imagine being one of the poor slobs that bet Miami (over 7.5 wins) this year?

Advertisement
I think we'll beat BC on Saturday (temp 50 degrees and sunny).
If so, imagine being one of the poor slobs that bet Miami (over 7.5 wins) this year?

I thought for SURE the over was easy money. Shame on me.

As for BC, I predict pain and anguish. This will be a typical low scoring ACC Mario affair.

Advertisement
It blows my mind that some of you long for the days of Manny Díaz, and somehow think he had the program on a better track. Are you all forgetting the 20+ point losses to any team that had a pulse? Boat raced by Bama, Clemson, Duke, UNC? Losing to an all time terrible FSU team on 4th and 14? Lost to Florida? Middling recruiting classes stacked with divas more concerned about their IG captions than actual playing time? Losing to FIU in year 3? 6-7, 8-3, and 7-5 records overall? Dancing on the sidelines down big? Complete lack of physicality?

Do I think Mario’s done a great job here? Absolutely not. I give him a C+ at this point, due to recruiting and having a team that doesn’t give up. Last year they gave up a ton, now they don’t. There’s also been some clear progress at multiple positions. It’s not good enough, but it sure as **** is a lot more hopeful that whatever Manny had going on here. TBD if Mario works out, but Jesus were already on a better track than Manny.
look at all the kids who make the bad blunders. It's the Manny holdovers. TVD is a mess, Chaney stepping out of bounds before a first down, couch targeting his own team with a helmet to helmet, the dumb penalties, etc. I wasn't a Mario guy but Manny created this fake tough guy talk crap culture and you see the difference in the young kids. Fletcher always knows where his feet our, damari locked up Keon Coleman, etc. we have young talent but not enough.
these upperclassmen have horrible habits.

I thought for SURE the over was easy money. Shame on me.

As for BC, I predict pain and anguish. This will be a typical low scoring ACC Mario affair.
Road game, short week, maybe.
The QB is a good athlete, but not a passer.
We'll see.

So, I have read multiple articles, tweets, and threads that claim the Canes have made improvements in year 2, but I am not sold!

So what would substantial progress looks like in year 3 of Cristomoron? Here is my opinion;

1- Play in ACC championship
2- improve record to 9-3 or 10-2
3- selected and win a major New Years Bowl
4- recruiting in top 10
5- Beat GTU by 50 and kneel with 2:00 minutes!

Any those are mine!
2 and 4

Advertisement
One thing that Cristomoron has not progressed in is his media pressers! He still looks ****ed and seems like he has constipation!

Advertisement
Most of you hope we fail. Worst fan base in the country.
Bored Emma Stone GIF

As much as I agree with some of the game day coaching concerns. We do this to every single coach, we completely chew them up by the end of year two, and then recruiting takes a dive and in a year and a half we are back to the drawing board.
We need to continue to support the staff, trust that he can do what he says he will. He is recruiting at a solid level. He has brought in some good portal guys.
It’s definitely his roster next year and he needs to produce. IMO he should bring back both coordinators. I think continuity is also important and I’ve seen enough from both to bring them back for that sake if nothing else.

I do think the bar needs to be high next yr. ACC championship trip at a minimum. No matter what it looks like. I want to see much cleaner play, from a coaching standpoint. I want to see great time management and 2 minute O. Those are what I’d expect from a staff that’s in its second yr togetherness
Absolutely not going to happen. He's been a HC at multiple programs and still coaches like it's his 1st day on the job.

Like I said before, you either have it or you don't. He DONT

If he finds a real quarterback, whatever goal you have for him in Year 3 is attainable.
If he finds some mid or worse, it'll be another long season. If they are mid, hope they don't turn the ball over and we have a chance (the story of Miami football for the past 20 years).

Advertisement
Back