What position does Jobe play?

I was all for Jobe being a lockdown "field" corner but after seeing those highlights I see why people say he will start out at FS. I see alot of Haha Clinton Dix in him.

As far as the Jobe/Bush comparisons, maybe the CCHS alums can chime in but Jobe looks like he is a better overall athlete then Bush was and Bush was a pretty good athlete in his own right.

Somebody has to play DB because we cant have Jobe/Frierson/Hall/Russell all playing S. Thats putting too much pressure on Ivey/Blades/Campbell (hopefully) to not bust. Either Jobe or Frierson will be at DB. Lets see if Frierson has worked on his DB skills when he comes to Paradise camp this year. He looked awful last year and from what Pete said the coaches want Frierson at DB.

This is all a great problem to have btw. LOL.

Jobe can play both and IMO i dont think GF can play cb I dont see how with it being a speed position...........Ill let the coaches worry about that but I want jobe at safety too much range along with Hall.

I'm wondering about Frierson's cover ability. Reports were that he didn't look too good at recent camps. However, it also came out that he's been playing injured the last several months. His coverage ability might be very good when healthy.
What recent camps?.... he hasn't competed in a camp since paradise camp which is like 9 or 10 months ago. He played with a broken bone in his foot for majority of the season and still balled

Advertisement
Jobe and Frierson come in at FS. Russell and Hall at SS.

I see Hall as a nickel too.

The team is trying to build depth because the last staff left little of it, so 2018 was the class to do it.

dont ever compare jobe to bush ... while deon was str8. made good plays vs fsu , i can respect that but jobe is way better and forsure will be .. deon at sometimes looked like a fool missing tackles but deon was one of our better safeties the last 8 years .. respect to deon but jobe is elite

lolol

Advertisement
It's going to be nice next season with our depth finally being built....

CB: Young, Dean Bandy, Campbell(if he commits), Blades, Jobe, Ivey
S: Carter, Smith, Hall, Frierson, Russell, Redwine, Finley

Good lord!!!

Corner or Safety? I see rivals has him as a safety and 247 he's at corner. He kind of reminds me of Deon Bush.

His skillset also somewhat reminds me of Deon Bush. Which is funny because I preferred Deon at CB and prefer Jobe at Safety. Like Deon, I think Jobe can ultimately excel at either position (especially with good coaching). I just think that he doesn't have quite the hips and fluidity of some of our other CB prospects (Ivey, Blades, Campbell, etc.). He seems to have amazing range and closes on the ball--whether in the air or the ball carrier--like a monster.

I won't be too worried as to which position he ends up at. It may largely depend on whoever else is on our roster.
As a prospect jobe is on a different level than Deon. He should be a 5 star top 20 in the country
https://youtu.be/F78NP3OS8zk

jobe is a stud - elite football player and athlete. but that highlight is literally just him returning punts and getting easy interceptions with only like 3 valuable clips of him in run support. the true evaluation on him comes from watching game film and his other tape
He's a playmaker and brings an element that we have been missing that we always had when we had elite teams.

for sure, i agree. should have specified i just meant other highlights are more indicative of his defensive skill set cuz that seemed to be the debate earlier in the thread. ty for posting tho, this vid shows his overall playmaking ability. crazy that we're getting another guy who can be an elite special teams threat....that makes like 10 on the 2018 roster...embarrassment of riches

Advertisement
His skillset also somewhat reminds me of Deon Bush. Which is funny because I preferred Deon at CB and prefer Jobe at Safety. Like Deon, I think Jobe can ultimately excel at either position (especially with good coaching). I just think that he doesn't have quite the hips and fluidity of some of our other CB prospects (Ivey, Blades, Campbell, etc.). He seems to have amazing range and closes on the ball--whether in the air or the ball carrier--like a monster.

I won't be too worried as to which position he ends up at. It may largely depend on whoever else is on our roster.
As a prospect jobe is on a different level than Deon. He should be a 5 star top 20 in the country
https://youtu.be/F78NP3OS8zk

jobe is a stud - elite football player and athlete. but that highlight is literally just him returning punts and getting easy interceptions with only like 3 valuable clips of him in run support. the true evaluation on him comes from watching game film and his other tape
He's a playmaker and brings an element that we have been missing that we always had when we had elite teams.

for sure, i agree. should have specified i just meant other highlights are more indicative of his defensive skill set cuz that seemed to be the debate earlier in the thread. ty for posting tho, this vid shows his overall playmaking ability. crazy that we're getting another guy who can be an elite special teams threat....that makes like 10 on the 2018 roster...embarrassment of riches
Oh for sure. This is only a little cut up from his highlights. I mean we could view hudl for that though.

Deon was graded better out of high school, their talent level is the same IMO. Jobe will be better in college because he'll have better coaching.

Corner or Safety? I see rivals has him as a safety and 247 he's at corner. He kind of reminds me of Deon Bush.

He can play both and he's more talented than Deon. I think he can be lockdown at cb and be phenomenal at free safety as well

He's more talented than a solid contributor in the NFL?
I'm talking about their games before they got to college obviously. Jobe was nick saban's #1 DB on his board

That's impressive. Did you Saban tell you that directly?

He can play both and he's more talented than Deon. I think he can be lockdown at cb and be phenomenal at free safety as well

He's more talented than a solid contributor in the NFL?
I'm talking about their games before they got to college obviously. Jobe was nick saban's #1 DB on his board

That's impressive. Did you Saban tell you that directly?

That's the year Landon Collins came out, of course Collins was number 1 on their come on now...

Advertisement

Looks like we finally get to see our fantasy of Deon in an aggressive scheme

Anyone think Russell makes the move to LB?? Not sure his size but, from his highlights, he seems to be a perfect SAM for Diaz's system. He's definitely not afraid to be physical!

Anyone think Russell makes the move to LB?? Not sure his size but, from his highlights, he seems to be a perfect SAM for Diaz's system. He's definitely not afraid to be physical!

Safeties moving to LB -- I think Finley from the '16 class or Smith or Carter from the '17 class are more likely. Russell, though I'm sure he'll put on weight over the next few years, I doubt he'll ever be LB size. What is he now, like 5'10 175?

Advertisement
Frierson is the highest rated committ in this class with the least hype it seems.

A lot of people are a little too low on him. Natural FS IMO

He got beat a few times on camera with no pads in some camps last summer and people kind of got down on him.

No one is down on him as an overall elite secondary player. We just don't see him having the skills to be a lockdown corner. I would love to be proven wrong. Either Jobe or Frierson has to play DB. Russell and Hall are safety's all the way.

Advertisement
Back