What is our rooster as of today?

Advertisement
Yeah. Not sure why we have people who just look at stats and then immediately judge whether a guy will be a scholarship player or a walk-on. It's not the worst thing of all time, but it really isn't necessary.

He was a Florida Mr. Basketball finalist, even if he hasn't been stellar so far in college. And I say that not because of "recruiting hype", but because those types of accolades go to guys who put up numbers.

In the Portal era, it's hard to recruit 15 starters. You need a few guys who will do whatever it takes, and if that means taking a kid who was a HS star in Boca...I don't know, I'd just prefer that over an unused scholarship.
I agree with the unused scholarship part but a guy who couldn't get off the bench in the Ivy league is hardly going to get off the pine in the the ACC. AJ Casey was more productive here and he almost never played and the team he was on didn't have any front court depth at all.

He's also a senior so no real time to develop him.

I think we'd have been better off taking a chance on an athletic high school kid. But who knows maybe he shows out his sr year.

I agree with the unused scholarship part but a guy who couldn't get off the bench in the Ivy league is hardly going to get off the pine in the the ACC. AJ Casey was more productive here and he almost never played and the team he was on didn't have any front court depth at all.

He's also a senior so no real time to develop him.

I think we'd have been better off taking a chance on an athletic high school kid. But who knows maybe he shows out his sr year.

The issue is attitude. For the last two or three guys on the bench, their attitude is way more important than their skill level.

This guy seems like someone the staff brought in because he has the right attitude to help the team win. Maybe he never sees live game action but helps the team practice better.

IMG_8184.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back