Washington DB Mishael Powell (Visiting UM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t that the other juco TE Ford? He stuck around in the nfl a few years. I don’t think Sandland ever made it to the league

Sandland was a 7th round draft pick, & last for about 3 yrs on practice squads. Ford wasn’t drafted, nor should he have been drafted. His size kept him around based upon potential, but while here he didn’t do chit.

Advertisement
Really gotta hit on this guy and that WR then...if it resets in April there could still be some options for the next portal wave though too
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Can’t afford to whiff here whatever it costs with no visits left. Major position of need and a very good player that is also versatile

Definitely a need and would be a big addition.

But "can't afford to whiff"? Let's not overreact. It's been done 100,000 times this cycle.

Visits reset and there will be a new wave of transfers post-Spring. Mario will add talent then too.

Advertisement
Really gotta hit on this guy and that WR then...if it resets in April there could still be some options for the next portal wave though too
My God u should be ashamed of urself! “Really gotta hit on this guy”? U should be hittin on women! Not literally but tryin to get wit dem (females). Don’t worry bout it doe! Aye Scott! Holla at him!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Aye yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
Definitely a need and would be a big addition.

But "can't afford to whiff"? Let's not overreact. It's been done 100,000 times this cycle.

Visits reset and there will be a new wave of transfers post-Spring. Mario will add talent then too.
Miami is severely short on OV’s that’s why I agree that you can’t afford to miss on the kids you get to OV. If he’s here on his own dime or if OV numbers re-up post spring that changes things. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it does until some time in the summer.

JUCO kids we’ve had (From what I recall):

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

So far, we have a 33% hit ratio on the JUCO players we’ve brought in; but if Kirk &/or Freeney become nothing more than JAGs taking up roster spots, we’ll be at a 31% hit ratio. 2 of our 8 guys were punters. This list doesn’t even include the slew of military prep guys we had come through who were absolutely ****. So we’re at about a 1:3 ratio in recruiting JUCO players, if my memory is correct and I captured all the JUCO guys from 1999-present.

I think Ivan Mercer would have done more but Shockey emerged the season he started and after the fsu game winning catch that was it. JMO

I am not understanding the whole "Running out of OVs" thing when I am seeing teams like Ole Miss/Louisville/Texas who have way more portal transfers then we do by a large margin as well as their normal recruiting class. So how did we run out of OVs but other teams look to be okay? Or are they getting kids to commit without even having to OV them?

Advertisement
There’s loopholes around Ov’s that I had no clue about until last week. So there’s still options left. My understanding is use can move up to six from the next cycle if you need to. It must be pretty new because I talk to a former p5 coach that retired in 2019 and it didn’t exist then

Miami wants this kid bad and I imagine will do everything they can to get it done. That eliminates one need at starting safety. I’ll also say if that twit Will Harris is tweeting money bags it’s a positive for the good guys. The excuses are being planted. That’s just my vibe.

I am not understanding the whole "Running out of OVs" thing when I am seeing teams like Ole Miss/Louisville/Texas who have way more portal transfers then we do by a large margin as well as their normal recruiting class. So how did we run out of OVs but other teams look to be okay? Or are they getting kids to commit without even having to OV them?
There’s multiple ways of getting around ov’s. Right down to making it an unofficial but treating it as a ov, if you get my drift. I’ve heard stories about Ohio State and other big boy programs playing the game. There’s a reason you rarely hear anything about teams being out of visits lol.

There’s multiple ways of getting around ov’s. Right down to making it an unofficial but treating it as a ov, if you get my drift. I’ve heard stories about Ohio State and other big boy programs playing the game. There’s a reason you rarely hear anything about teams being out of visits lol.
Makes sense. So I guess my last question...why the **** would the NCAA make a rule that recruits can have unlimited OVs but didnt make the same rule for college programs? lol. Are they trying to limit teams who have unlimited resources and money from having a huge advantage over schools who don't have even a fraction of the same money and resources?

Advertisement
There’s loopholes around Ov’s that I had no clue about until last week. So there’s still options left. My understanding is use can move up to six from the next cycle if you need to. It must be pretty new because I talk to a former p5 coach that retired in 2019 and it didn’t exist then

Miami wants this kid bad and I imagine will do everything they can to get it done. That eliminates one need at starting safety. I’ll also say if that twit Will Harris is tweeting money bags it’s a positive for the good guys. The excuses are being planted. That’s just my vibe.
I just don’t get how we ran into this back to back years? How did they not adjust knowing they ran up against it last year

Possibly one of the worst ones I’ve seen. So nasty that guy is. Lol.

Man I know some folks be getting annoyed at it, but it’s in good fun, & clearly the pause button have even caught on to Main Stream media.

It’s always good to see old things recirculating.

JUCO kids we’ve had (From what I recall):

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

So far, we have a 33% hit ratio on the JUCO players we’ve brought in; but if Kirk &/or Freeney become nothing more than JAGs taking up roster spots, we’ll be at a 31% hit ratio. 2 of our 8 guys were punters. This list doesn’t even include the slew of military prep guys we had come through who were absolutely ****. So we’re at about a 1:3 ratio in recruiting JUCO players, if my memory is correct and I captured all the JUCO guys from 1999-present.
I’d even throw Dean and Heurtelou somewhere in the middle and probably give them the check mark. Heurtelou started 25 games for us and Dean led the team in interceptions as a senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back