Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

Advertisement
You're posting this on an anonymous messaging board about a college football team.

Pretty sure we all could use our time much better.
I meant on the topic. Of course I waste my time talking about a 5-7 Canes team, it’s off season tradition.

Advertisement
I would prefer Mullen but I would be very happy with this hire as well. What we need more than anything is a guy who is a proven playcaller. I'm not in love with the slow mesh but it would be miles better than most of what we've seen here the last decade plus.

Advertisement
did you check out the year right before Hartman started?
Yeah it was John wolford senior season and that was ruggiero’s 4th season as Oc

He inherited a team that scored 18ppg

He then went -

2014- 14 ppg (wow)
2015 - 17 ppg
2016 - 20 ppg (finally beat the OC before him)

No doubt he has had success I’m not taking that away from him but how quickly does he adjust to personnel and can he make changes?

Because he was WORSE than the person before him for two years and led one of the worst offenses in the country for 3 years at wake before John wolford broke out and Sam Hartman fell in his lap.

Does he deserve credit for developing them ? Sure but it’s also fair to say that this coming year there are valid questions to how he’ll do without a legit qb

Our fanbase is comedic. Ruggiero would be our best OC in decades and if his success was truly predicated on Hartman, then I hope we can recruit an even better QB than a 3-star, 32nd ranked pro style QB here at Miami.

The guy has led an “inferior” recruited team to average over 35ppg IN OUR CONFERENCE for multiple years. Easy take.

Advertisement
Our fanbase is comedic. Ruggiero would be our best OC in decades and if his success was truly predicated on Hartman, then I hope we can recruit an even better QB than a 3-star, 32nd ranked pro style QB here at Miami.

The guy has led an “inferior” recruited team to average over 35ppg IN OUR CONFERENCE for multiple years. Easy take.
I can't grasp the 'knee-jerk' anti-Ruggiero crowd on this board who will simultaneously put Mullen on a pedestal. Ruggiero would easily be the best OC hire of the last 20 years and would rival Mullen imo based on actual production. Here are their PPG figures compared since 2017 (with Miami's and Oregon's thrown in for good measure):

MullenRuggieroMiamiOregon

And Ruggiero has done all of this in OUR CONFERENCE (as you rightly pointed out) but with recruiting classes that were ranked in the 60s! Give me a guy that can put up 35PPG in a P5 Conference with inferior talent every day of the week.

And for those arguing that it took him 4 years to "figure it out" - Good! He cut his teeth elsewhere and has since, figured it out. He isn't going to suddenly regress into a neanderthal.

The only problem I have, if Warren Ruggiero, why now?

This could have happened way sooner!

Oh lord, some people are never happy.

It's dominoes. Everyone can say "I would have knocked the dominoes down differently", but who cares at this point?

Is Miami the VERY LAST SCHOOL to let coaches go? No. Dabo just fired a coordinator a couple of days ago. So let's not pretend that we are so far outside of the norm.

This is when the coaching changes begin in earnest. January. That's just fact, even if everyone wanted a bloodletting in November.

Advertisement
Ruggiero would be the 2nd best OC since Chud moved on (Jedd Fisch being the best).

People saying “he doesn’t run enough” are the same people who complained about Lashlee.

But the truth is Miami’s OL was complete trash with Duke U quality RBs. No matter what Lashlee did it wasn’t going to be efficient.

WF suffered from the same thing, when Walker was there they were 100+ in yards before contact and sacks allowed. You NEED the OL.

Yeah it was John wolford senior season and that was ruggiero’s 4th season as Oc

He inherited a team that scored 18ppg

He then went -

2014- 14 ppg (wow)
2015 - 17 ppg
2016 - 20 ppg (finally beat the OC before him)

No doubt he has had success I’m not taking that away from him but how quickly does he adjust to personnel and can he make changes?

Because he was WORSE than the person before him for two years and led one of the worst offenses in the country for 3 years at wake before John wolford broke out and Sam Hartman fell in his lap.

Does he deserve credit for developing them ? Sure but it’s also fair to say that this coming year there are valid questions to how he’ll do without a legit qb

Stop your bull****.

He HAD NO personnel when he started at Wake. They had to recruit better players, which they did, and Wake got better every year.

Your "statistical analysis" skills are as bad as crossover's and Mackbammer's.

I wouldn't be mad at the hire but they run a system like that at Wake because they can't build an offensive line the way higher end programs can. Mario's strength will be building an offensive line that can compete with anyone in the country. Not sure why you would bring in a system that doesn't highlight Mario's strength. Should be looking at a power spread offense IMO.

Advertisement
Back