Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

Advertisement
The article listed earlier in this thread isn't that long but informative. Some coach was fired by Clawson but stayed on as a commentator. He gave the playbook out to opponents for em several years (not sure how i never heard of this). Due to this, Ruggiero had to change the offense pretty drastically and he came up with the slow mesh.

After they did the change they went from 20 ppg to 35 ppg the first year using the slow mesh. Obviously the 20 ppg were artificially low die to the cheating bit that's still a pretty big turnaround. It also shows two things people seem to be concerned about:
1) it doesn't appear it takes years to be good at
2) You don't have to redshirt everyone to learn the system

I still don't know if i like this hire but interesting.
Definitely not anywhere in my top 3 choices. Mario needs to get this hire right, is all I’ll say.

I'm not sure i like the rumor of this hire, but he has put up numbers with a good QB so his system is proven to work.

I also think his system is a MUCH better fit for our QB than anything Mario wants. I'd take the Wake System over anything Mario has in mind.

Advertisement
Would love us to hire Warren.

However, just my opinion, dont see it. WF had Kenneth Walker for 2 years and he never reached 600 yards. Went to MSU and put up 1600+ yards and is a beast in the NFL.

I have to imagine, Mario wants more running.
I’ll play devils advocate, he only played 7 games in 2020. Averaged 17 carries a game. He plays a full season he goes for 200 carries. I’d imagine if he had a line built and coached Mario they’d probably work running a little than they do at WF currently.

Advertisement
Guys keep bringing up his 2021-22 stats but thats not where the concern lies. We acknowledged those numbers, they are great, **** more than great. We are talking about the fact that it took them YEARS to get to that point. We need results NEXT YEAR. Could he do it? Yeah, he could. Could he struggle while these kids adapt to his system? Yeah, he could. Bottomline it is a risk. No one here is going to wait for 3 years for us to be a well oiled machine on O. If he averages 25 ppg next year and you all will be calling for his head just like Gattis.

Advertisement
Guys keep bringing up his 2021-22 stats but thats not where the concern lies. We acknowledged those numbers, they are great, **** more than great. We are talking about the fact that it took them YEARS to get to that point. We need results NEXT YEAR. Could he do it? Yeah, he could. Could he struggle while these kids adapt to his system? Yeah, he could. Bottomline it is a risk. No one here is going to wait for 3 years for us to be a well oiled machine on O. If he averages 25 ppg next year and you all will be calling for his head just like Gattis.
But the jump occurred when he instituted the slow mesh...and immediately after the whole scandal was revealed that a disgruntled ex staffer had been giving opponents WF's playbook for 3 years. Your opponent having your playbook and signals will likely result in reduced offensive success.

But the jump occurred when he instituted the slow mesh...and immediately after the whole scandal was revealed that a disgruntled ex staffer had been giving opponents WF's playbook for 3 years. Your opponent having your playbook and signals will likely result in reduced offensive success.

It would be like trying to win with Gattis as your OC…

Still too many ? marks for me. JMO.

Advertisement
Mario isn’t hiring somebody to run that mesh **** at Miami. Stop it.
As long as he brings in another power spread, condensed formation loving OC every thing should be good. An offense built in Mario's image should work well the second time around.

Didn't he win two national titles with Erickson? He played in an offense that featured a RB going in motion stopping two yards away from the sideline practically and running in place while facing the sideling until the ball was snapped. Leonard Conley and Daryl Spencer got their steps in just waiting for the ball to be snapped. But god forbid an offense with a slow developing RPO element came to Miami. Too gimmicky.

Last edited:
As long as he brings in another power spread, condensed formation loving OC every thing should be good. An offense built in Mario's image should work well the second time around.

Didn't he win two national titles with Erickson? He played in an offense that featured a RB going in motion stopping two yards away from the sideline practically and running in place while facing the sideling until the ball was snapped. Leonard Conley and Daryl Spencer got their steps in just waiting for the ball to be snapped. But god forbid an offense with a slow developing RPO element came to Miami. Too gimmicky.

Not at all what I said, but cool story, bro.

Advertisement
Back