Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

Look, I would point out something simple.

Changing out poor-culture former players that the last coach recruited...is fundamentally different than changing a playbook...

I would really like to hear a fascinating story on how wonderful the Manny roster was, and how they all just needed a hug and the proper motivation to turn into football superstars...

Sure, it would have been nice if Mario could have been the football version of Morris Buttermaker, but that's not who Mario is and it didn't work out that way.

At 5-7, nothing worked. Double standard on this board between Mario and other previous coaches for some posters.

Let’s hope change starts now with a strong OC and improve offensive philosophy

Advertisement
down for an RPO offense.

slow mesh requires offensive lineman to hold blocks, and great execution by everyone else. two things we suck at.
I can’t stand the slow mesh concept! Half of the time the QB stands there with the ball in the belly of the RB until one or both get destroyed. That’s really my only negative except thinking about Walker being an average back until he transferred to MSU.

Does this possibly explain Hartman’s transfer to ND?

He will not be a **** hire if hes the choice but what i love about him and Clawson is that they fit their scheme to the players they have. If they need to throw more one season they do. If they need to run more one season they do that.

I will say this. If he is hired and given 3 seasons i believe miami will be extremely hard to beat. Hes never had talent and o lines like mario recruits.

I believe we would see a massive improvement from gattis in year 1.
step brothers brennan GIF

At 5-7, nothing worked. Double standard on this board between Mario and other previous coaches for some posters.

Let’s hope change starts now with a strong OC and improve offensive philosophy

There's no double standard.

Sometimes you perform CPR and the guy dies.

I'm not sure what you expect when you go from "upperclassmen don't have to practice or tackle" (widely reported under Manny) to "everyone has to work hard".

Hey, I wanted more than 5 wins too. I predicted 10 wins on the false mirage of the second half of 2021 AND the crappy quality of our 2022 opponents. Didn't turn out as I expected.

Advertisement
That’s the question. I’m not saying it’s too complex. BUT I have heard that at least this year the team was very veteran AND that our team lacks execution…

Which is why I’m asking…
+15 ppg in year 1 is my interpretation of the article, which would suggest the offense is both good and not too difficult to implement. From what I saw in the video there is not much motion. I’m no football expert, but tend to think motion is useful in reading defenses, creating matchups, and keeping the defense off balance. Maybe it’s not necessary in offensive systems where the QB is reading 1 or 2 defensive players. I don’t think Lashlee used much motion either.

His offense has proven to be successful. The numbers speak for themselves. However whenever a coach is doing something new or completely different from anyone else, there’s always going to be the “gimmick” stigma. It’s why Sam Hartman transferred to Notre Dame for his final season. He wants to prove it was him and not the gimmick putting up numbers at Wake. You might struggle signing top flight recruits to play in what is still considered a “gimmick” offense. It’s not really a knock against Ruggiero or his offense. It’s really just a perception thing. And perception is huge in college recruiting. It’s why Mario needs to hit a home run with his next OC hire or he’s never going to escape the perception that he’s a QB killer. We can make all the arguments in the world that he’s not but the facts are that every QB recruit Miami chases is going to hear about it. It’s a reputation he needs to change.

Advertisement
He won’t keep the slow mesh as a staple. He developed that to deal with an undersized, not very good oline.
I believe he would change back to something “more conventional” with an Oline that will be one of the best in the country in 4 years time.
He isn’t coming here, but it wouldn’t look like Wake

There's no double standard.

Sometimes you perform CPR and the guy dies.

I'm not sure what you expect when you go from "upperclassmen don't have to practice or tackle" (widely reported under Manny) to "everyone has to work hard".

Hey, I wanted more than 5 wins too. I predicted 10 wins on the false mirage of the second half of 2021 AND the crappy quality of our 2022 opponents. Didn't turn out as I expected.
I’m not researching this or anything, but my sense just from being a sports fan is that going from player’s coach to a demanding coach is generally a more difficult transition than the other way around. Likeable dude coming in and reaping the benefits of the hard *** usually works better initially but lacks staying power. Mike Davis for Bob Knight and Larry Coker for Butch Davis come to mind.

I also thought this year would be better but I’m not concerned. Cristobal is the best we’ve had since Butch. He needed to make a change on offense and he is. Incidentally, my memory is that a good contingent of Canes fans used to call Butch a crappy game day coach too.

First year they implemented it the jumped from 20ppg to 35ppg

First year they implemented it the jumped from 20ppg to 35ppg

Good stuff.
Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
CaneInOrlando

He also announced Ponce to app state (a full 30 minute after manny Navarro posted it to twitter)
I knew about it an hour before Manny posted it...but unlike you, I have an extremely fantastic life, and was unable to post on here because I left my phone at home, while getting my Waverunner worked on in Ft Myers, so there's that.

Advertisement
Yeah nah, I disagree. Next year it could be nowhere near Lashlee. Lashlee brought the simplicity that I referred to earlier. Again, this could all be premature but I don’t agree with that, respectfully.
The only person really reading **** is the qb. With 5 star o lineman his offense would be a problem.

TVD would kill it in his offense.

I knew about it an hour before Manny posted it...but unlike you, I have an extremely fantastic life, and was unable to post on here because I left my phone at home, while getting my Waverunner worked on in Ft Myers, so there's that.

You have 12X the amount of posts I have on this site.

**** if we are being real DMoney posted about it at 9am so you heard about it 8 hours late.

Advertisement
Back