Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

Advertisement

Nope. This offense was created in 2017. A former staffer had been selling their playbook to opposing teams since 2014. That argument goes out the window.
Most dont even know about that scandal. Was a huge deal here in winston salem.

I can see it two different ways.

First, it took the kids 4 years to learn the system and once they did, the backups who had also been sitting also knew the system.

Or the leaks were occurring prior to and through 2017 and once that was closed up his offense exploded.
Read the article dumbass

Advertisement
No one is waiting 4 years for our players to figure out a complex O and be harnessed is the point some are making I believe
I don’t think that timeline is accurate. The offense was developed for 2017 in response to the playbook scandal. Offensive production increased about 15 ppg in year 1 of the mesh to about 35 ppg. If you watch the video in that article linked in this thread, it seems like a pretty simple offense. Basically a variant of the RPO with a longer mesh point where the qb is reading a player or maybe 2 to decide what to do.

Does the Wake system really have to be complex and difficult? There are some unique processing and ball handling responsibilities by the QB with that slow mesh but I think thats way overstated. I am no Wake Forest expert but in the games I watched it looks like a power spread with heavy RPO game. The slow mesh gets a lot of attention and stands out when watching them but its not some magical thing that the offensive concepts couldn't work without.

Pace and space is talked about a lot but one thing never mentioned is how flexible an offense is. I like a system that can get layered and built upon as you gain experience but can also be simplified and still effective if needed.

I don’t think that timeline is accurate. The offense was developed for 2017 in response to the playbook scandal. Offensive production increased about 15 ppg in year 1 of the mesh to about 35 ppg. If you watch the video in that article linked in this thread, it seems like a pretty simple offense. Basically a variant of the RPO with a longer mesh point where the qb is reading a player or maybe 2 to decide what to do.

That’s the question. I’m not saying it’s too complex. BUT I have heard that at least this year the team was very veteran AND that our team lacks execution…

Which is why I’m asking…

CaneInOrlando

He also announced Ponce to app state (a full 30 minute after manny Navarro posted it to twitter)

Really? Because I'm looking at some texts on my phone that are talking about Ponce to App State.

Pre-Manny-Navarro texts too...

Advertisement
And I don't think anyone made that request either.

If you actually had to wait 4 years for college players to "figure out a complex O"...oh, nevermind, if you can't do the math, then I really shouldn't point out the error of your analysis...

Agreed. Which is why the Mario needs a few years excuse some use is lost on me…

Really? Because I'm looking at some texts on my phone that are talking about Ponce to App State.

Pre-Manny-Navarro texts too...
Okay? And that changes the time he announced it on the site and the time Navarro announced it how exactly?

Agreed. Which is why the Mario needs a few years excuse some use is lost on me…

Look, I would point out something simple.

Changing out poor-culture former players that the last coach recruited...is fundamentally different than changing a playbook...

I would really like to hear a fascinating story on how wonderful the Manny roster was, and how they all just needed a hug and the proper motivation to turn into football superstars...

Sure, it would have been nice if Mario could have been the football version of Morris Buttermaker, but that's not who Mario is and it didn't work out that way.

Advertisement
Okay? And that changes the time he announced it on the site and the time Navarro announced it how exactly?

So the only time-stamp you'll accept is "this board"? Interesting.

If you want to tear down people who actually know something, you might need better ammo than "I didn't see you post something on CIS".

Not a personal criticism, just a mild suggestion.

So the only time-stamp you'll accept is "this board"? Interesting.

If you want to tear down people who actually know something, you might need better ammo than "I didn't see you post something on CIS".

Not a personal criticism, just a mild suggestion.
I was joking because I found it funny he announced it like it was news on the board even tho there were three threads on it already.

I obviously believe he hears **** because I’m in here defending Ruggerio

Advertisement
I was joking because I found it funny he announced it like it was news on the board even tho there were three threads on it already.

I obviously believe he hears **** because I’m in here defending Ruggerio

OK, fair enough. I just know him well enough to tell you he posts very matter-of-factly, whether he is first or fortieth to say something.

What are the chances that caneinorlando is a moderator for a canes fb group?

images

Guy overachieves with talent, consistently outschemes with inferior talent, but he's not good enough. Yet a lot of the same fans fall all over themselves for Kliff Kingsbury, an overrated playcaller that showed that he's beyond mediocre. Give me an OC that can adjust, that understands how to use the talent available. Ruggiero seems to be a guy that would be able to adjust to the talent on hand, and is a pure playcaller. Is he the most exciting name? No, but he's a massive upgrade over Gattis, and even at the worst would be good enough to get Mario the season he needs in order to continue this recruiting momentum.

Advertisement
Back