Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

I hope folks remember there really aren't that many combinations or looks for Os and Ds. It very straightforward.

Beware the excitement over "innovative" or "exotic" schemes.

Advertisement
I will add that WF (under Grobe to the present) has aggressively shirted Freshmen and relies on a model of an experienced starting offense.

It's weird that I am getting nervous, because I called for Ruggiero in the past. I'm just at a point where it has to be a guy who has shown the ability to adapt to personnel. The way to judge that is serious productivity at very different programs.
Think we are all nervous that ppl get to Miami and forget how to coach well lol or just don’t mesh with the personnel

Advertisement
I definitely don’t see any major red flags with him
He will not be a **** hire if hes the choice but what i love about him and Clawson is that they fit their scheme to the players they have. If they need to throw more one season they do. If they need to run more one season they do that.

I will say this. If he is hired and given 3 seasons i believe miami will be extremely hard to beat. Hes never had talent and o lines like mario recruits.

I believe we would see a massive improvement from gattis in year 1.

Advertisement
He will not be a **** hire if hes the choice but what i love about him and Clawson is that they fit their scheme to the players they have. If they need to throw more one season they do. If they need to run more one season they do that.

I will say this. If he is hired and given 3 seasons i believe miami will be extremely hard to beat. Hes never had talent and o lines like mario recruits.

I believe we would see a massive improvement from gattis in year 1.
There’s some bigtime QBs available in 2024 that would seem to help our cause

In the meantime guys like TVD I think has more arm talent than the guys they’ve had at Wake

You would know better than me but I don’t see them requiring a ton of NFL throws in that offense?

What exactly makes this a rumor? Because it looks more like a random thought, by a random guy on twitter.

Ruggiero has no connection to Mario whatsoever. I'm not even sure a team with Mario on staff has ever even played against a team with him on staff.

What's the connection here beyond "random guy wants Ruggiero"?

Advertisement
There’s some bigtime QBs available in 2024 that would seem to help our cause

In the meantime guys like TVD I think has more arm talent than the guys they’ve had at Wake

You would know better than me but I don’t see them requiring a ton of NFL throws in that offense?
Thats whats great about it. They try to make it simple for the players to make plays. I will say wake has better receivers than we do right now.

Homie you know how i feel about mario. I can only tell you i would be excited to see this guy in miami. He takes shots and has averaged like 35ppg since 2017. Thats elite offensive production even with lesser talent.

What exactly makes this a rumor? Because it looks more like a random thought, by a random guy on twitter.

Ruggiero has no connection to Mario whatsoever. I'm not even sure a team with Mario on staff has ever even played against a team with him on staff.

What's the connection here beyond "random guy wants Ruggiero"?
Insider info smoke as well

idk

he got hired 2014 and it took him 4 years to "figure it out"

I know the roster is bleh but he's had an nfl qb (first john wolford for his first 4 years, sam hartman for the last 5)

but they scored:

2014: 14 points per game (john wolford)
2015: 17 points per game (john wolford)
2016: 20 points per game (john wolford)
2017: 35 points per game (john wolford - crazy senior year that propelled him to the nfl)
2018: 33 points per game (sam hartman)
2019: 32 poitns per game (sam hartman)
2020: 36 poitns per game (sam hartman)
2021: 41 points per game (sam hartman)
2022: 36 points per game (sam hartman)

no doubt he's done well... but what will WF look like next year without hartman if Ruggiero stays?
I see 6 straight years of 32 ppg. He’s not in my top 3 but he’s in my top 10 for sure.

Advertisement
I can see it two different ways.

First, it took the kids 4 years to learn the system and once they did, the backups who had also been sitting also knew the system.

Or the leaks were occurring prior to and through 2017 and once that was closed up his offense exploded.
True, you could also say it took time for him personally to tweak his offensive approach, and now is churning out points.

Advertisement
Back