Vs South Carolina

Save your superfan bs... the only way they were going to win was to shoot lights out from outside ... no we keep going inside even after 7 blocks in 3 qtrs
If they shot anywhere near their season average today, they are in the game late. Miami had to be in position to win this game late, they had to steal it because SC is more talented, and it's not particularly close. I know a lot of our fans don't watch women's college basketball and know little about the sport, but as someone that actually pays attention I can say this: The difference between a 1 seed and an 8 is significantly wider than the corresponding men's matchup. We see 8s beat 1s somewhat regularly(Or at least compete with them) on the men's side, you don't see it on the women's side as much. That's why people flipped out about Creighton winning today. Chalk rules the women's side significantly more than the men's side. The parity is coming, but it isn't there yet.

Advertisement
They made it to the second round. There are pleif teams who'd love to be that fortunate.

Yep, because Katie decided for everyone to be ice cold tonight. She decided that her senior leader would have by far the worst game she's ever had. She had that on the dry erase board in the locker room. Brilliant take. Then again, I'm not shocked that our dumbass fans, most of whom didn't know the program existed before TODAY would come out with dumb nonsense. Miami faced a top tier team tonight and hung in there, but they couldn't get shots to fall. If they were anywhere near where they usually are offensively, they win this game.
No disgrace losing to this team. They've rolled just about everybody.

They made it to the second round. There are pleif teams who'd love to be that fortunate.
True, and Meier has more size coming in, she pulled a legit top 15 class with some solid post players. If she can get some more guards through the portal, she may be back in business next year. Don't be shocked if Miami is back in the Dance, and a year away from being a legit contender for the second weekend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back