Updated Uniforms

Advertisement
Adidas has jerseys that look more like the templates and materials Nike has out there. But the template Miami, Texas A&M and others have is the Adidas specific primeknit uniforms. The one they market. The one they position as the best. This is what they had as far as template and materials for the 2020 all American game

IMG_9764.JPG

I know the name of the material bro. Lol. I also know what they “position” it as, and it’s not. Hence, that’s why the shoulder pads either come out or become disjointed underneath after every point of contact. It’s also why the U became The V and patches become uneven.

I know the name of the material bro. Lol. I also know what they “position” it as, and it’s not. Hence, that’s why the shoulder pads either come out or become disjointed underneath after every point of contact. It’s also why the U became The V and patches become uneven.
I’ve never worn an adidas jersey but functionality and not aesthetics has been their selling point on the current iteration. They have other templates that wouldn’t create the issues you’re pointing out. They still give these to their top teams and changed a design element to eliminate the distorted patch as opposed to just pushing a different template

Advertisement
I’ve never worn an adidas jersey but functionality and not aesthetics has been their selling point on the current iteration. They have other templates that wouldn’t create the issues you’re pointing out. They still give these to their top teams and changed a design element to eliminate the distorted patch as opposed to just pushing a different template

Bro; lol. U do realize ALL of their schools wear Prime Knits, right? Lol. This chit ain’t exclusive to us or their “top schools.” This is their football jersey material, period.

Let me educate u a bit;

The infamous ‘Strawberry Patches’, which was initially deemed their most “functional” jerseys, were called Techfit Shockweb.” It’s functionality & appearance both sucked, and all Adidas sponsored schools had them, from UCLA (at that time) to us, UL, KU, Indiana, ASU, etc.

It’s called marketing. Adidas has been notorious on lagging behind Nike regarding functional uniforms. Stole a couple of designs, stole a couple of patents, & have a marketing rebranding dept (Shout out to Mark King) and voila, u have things “positioned” in a way that sounds fancy & exclusive. Good on Adidas, but don’t get fooled, literally every P5 Adidas sponsored school, including high school all star teams wear these (which was debuted in the Army All American game).
They have the Prime Knit, Shockweb for G5 programs, and some original templates. Those r their templates.

Last edited:
Bro; lol. U do realize ALL of their schools wear Prime Knits, right? Lol. This chit ain’t exclusive to us or their “top schools.” This is their football jersey material, period.

Let me educate u a bit;

The infamous ‘Strawberry Patches’, which was initially deemed their most “functional” jerseys, were called Techfit Shockweb.” It’s functionality & appearance both sucked, and all Adidas sponsored schools had them, from UCLA (at that time) to us, UL, KU, Indiana, ASU, etc.

It’s called marketing. Adidas has been notorious on lagging behind Nike regarding functional uniforms. Stole a couple of designs, stole a couple of patents, & have a marketing rebranding dept, and voila, u have things “positioned” in a way that sounds fancy & exclusive. Good on Adidas, but don’t get fooled, literally every Adidas sponsored school, including high school have prime knits. That is their template.
I'll educate you. USF didn't wear them in 2020. Boston College just switched to Adidas and isn't wearing them. And I didn't say anything about it being exclusive. I know unlike you that schools have options of different templates with Adidas. The top schools was in reference to this is what they're giving to the top schools when they have other templates available and in use. So if they had a better option Miami could certainly request it or adidas could just send it over. USF 2020 uniform template/BC 2021 uniform template would eliminate some of that exposing of shoulder pads stuff. They look more like something Nike would offer. My initial post shows a uniform that is a different Adidas template than the one we wear.

I'll educate you. USF didn't wear them in 2020. Boston College just switched to Adidas and isn't wearing them. And I didn't say anything about it being exclusive. I know unlike you that schools have options of different templates with Adidas. The top schools was in reference to this is what they're giving to the top schools when they have other templates available and in use. So if they had a better option Miami could certainly request it or adidas could just send it over. USF 2020 uniform template/BC 2021 uniform template would eliminate some of that exposing of shoulder pads stuff. They look more like something Nike would offer. My initial post shows a uniform that is a different Adidas template than the one we wear.

So did u read my post or naw? I literally said P5 schools, and I said what G5 schools r wearing. USF would be a G5 school, my guy. Lol. Furthermore, BC did not switch to Adidas, they switched to New Balance. Lol.

Edit: u didn’t see my edited post, so that was on me. I posted, then went back to clarify,

Advertisement
So did u read my post or naw? I literally said P5 schools, and I said what G5 schools r wearing. USF would be a G5 school, my guy. Lol. Furthermore, BC did not switch to Adidas, they switched to New Balance. Lol.

Edit: u didn’t see my edited post.
Is this an Adidas branded uniform or not? They switched to New Balance in everything but football
e4chzinveaeznva.jpg

Is this an Adidas branded uniform or not
e4chzinveaeznva.jpg

My apologies, u r correct.

They also signed w/ Adidas for football, only, for 3 yrs in April of this yr. They gave BC their basic template as this deal is only for 3 yrs. Also, I prefer this jersey anyway, over the “Prime Knit.” Lol 🤷🏾‍♂️

And just so we’re clear, this “Primeknit” was one of the suits Nike filed against Adidas, being that Nike originally came out w/ the “Flyknit” concept back in 2000, & had it patented in 2008. The Flyknits debuted in 2012 & 6 months later, Adidas made a statement that they were presenting the first shoe of its kind which was Primeknit material. Lol.

Last edited:
A simple concept that works; unfortunately, our coaches (who select combos) never learn.
The green pants were tough from 2000-2003 but lost their luster beginning in 2004.
The current ones are not bad but they might consider altering the stripes down the sides with something more sleek.

Advertisement
was raised nike, so as a rule I am skeptic of Adidas. but if I'm being optimistic (idk why) the numbers... do recall vintage Miami font
View attachment 152501
View attachment 152502
View attachment 152506View attachment 152509
and while truly grateful they solved the melting "U" problem /// 🙏bless /// I'm not enjoying the irrelevant "shield"... UNLESS you're pushing "NFL U"... in which case... cool ! ... I guess...
View attachment 152498View attachment 152499

anyway, they didn't change the helmets so lets riiide !!! just win, baby. just win.
I just want those old Nike jerseys back...there’s a few random teams like Appalachian state I think that used that’s design recently and it looked good

Definitely cleaned some things up. Very solid looking uni’s. Glad they fixed the U collar. Hope the name plates stay aligned. I like that font. And this coming from a Nike guy. I can admit when adidas steps up and corrects their wrongs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back