UNC sanctions: One bowl ban, 15 schollies, Blake show cause

Advertisement
If they do, I think it will be a bad sign for us.....hope they get off easy.

There's seems to be a much more blatant case of "lack of institutional control" then ours which would probably be in the "failure to monitor" class.

However, I thought FSU would get BLASTED for LIC and instead they got slapped on the wrist. So who knows?:confused:

This involves Blake, the LB coach right? It will be interesting to see what the NCAA does with wrongdoings of an assistant coach, and whether that conduct or knowledge of same is imputed to the head coach and higher-ups. Because that sounds a lot like our situation with allegations against Hurtt, Hill, and Pannunzio.

If they skate, we skate. If they get hammered, we get blasted, but not nearly as bad as them.

Advertisement
There's seems to be a much more blatant case of "lack of institutional control" then ours which would probably be in the "failure to monitor" class.

However, I thought FSU would get BLASTED for LIC and instead they got slapped on the wrist. So who knows?:confused:

How so? I ask this question seriously; what's are the differences that would allow us to get off easier?

I would have to imagine the fact that we were the only school to do a joint investigation with NCAA would help our cause. I doubt we get slapped with lack of institutional control regardless of what happens at UNC.

Advertisement
1 year bowl ban
15 schollies over three years
Blake gets 3 years show cause

Haith, Hurtt, Pannunzio are screwed

1 year bowl ban
15 schollies over three years
Blake gets 3 years show cause

Haith, Hurtt, Pannunzio are screwed

Don't forget Aubrey Hill.

I see us giving up 5 ships to the NCAA this year (I think Al said we'd only be at 80 this year anyway) then the NCAA taking 10 more over the next two years. No more bowl losses. So we will be at 80 ships for 2012, 2013, and 2014. If that gets this behind us then I am happy.

Advertisement
I don't see the 15 'ship losses for us, would prolly guess 10-12. We had no academic infractions and cooperated fully. The self imposed bowl ban helps as well. **** Haith, Hurt, Hill, and Pannuzio, hope the NCAA goes in dry to them.

Is it sad that I am so bitter at those 3 coaches, that I would take another bowl ban if they get hit harder?

Advertisement
Hurtt would be the one who should worry most. They actually have a copy of a cashed check made out to him by Shapiro. Blake's ties to the agent were easily provable as he worked with the agents performance clinics or something and was featured in brochures I believe. Haith and Hill don't have the paper trail that the other 2 do, so they might not get hit as hard because it's based on the word of others. The difference between the 2 is that several players have named Hill as the person who took them to Shapiro, while Haith was backed up by the equipment manager in the big allegation against Dequan Jones and the $10,000. Im just hoping the NCAA doesn't take almost 2 years to announce sanctions against the U.

Hurtt would be the one who should worry most. They actually have a copy of a cashed check made out to him by Shapiro. Blake's ties to the agent were easily provable as he worked with the agents performance clinics or something and was featured in brochures I believe. Haith and Hill don't have the paper trail that the other 2 do, so they might not get hit as hard because it's based on the word of others. The difference between the 2 is that several players have named Hill as the person who took them to Shapiro, while Haith was backed up by the equipment manager in the big allegation against Dequan Jones and the $10,000. Im just hoping the NCAA doesn't take almost 2 years to announce sanctions against the U.

Louisville fans say Corch Hurrt did no such thing. All lies. He's a church going man.

Im just hoping the NCAA doesn't take almost 2 years to announce sanctions against the U.

The only reason it took so long is because UNC tried to appeal the findings in the Notice of Allegations--which were handed down within 11 months; they felt they weren't guilty of one of the nine charges, so they went back and forth with the NCAA for another 6 or 7 months.

Doubtful that the UM case will take that long. We're at the 1-year mark right now. I can see it taking another 3-4 months. Since the UM admin has had a bog hand in the investigation, I doubt we'll be caught off-guard by any of the findings/allegations, so we won't have a major appeal like UNC did.

Advertisement
Back