UM opens -17 against VT

Advertisement
Canes gonna carve up them Gobblers

dancing-turkey-turkey.gif

Advertisement
Short week and home field is a beach..VT strength is the run game not pass protection…we cover

Advertisement
I cannot get out of my head all the many times the Hokies have come into Miami and found ways to beat us or keep the game close over the last three decades.

That said, we now have a QB and a team that seems ready to compete for a Championship so I am all in. I am not a betting man but I think we cover on this one.

This has a 2017 feel to it, when we beat them pretty good the week before Notre Dame came in. Except this V Tech team is not coming in #13 in the country.

I just hate that its a weeknight game. Weeknight games are where ranked team's seasons go to die. Glad its at home and on Friday and not Thursday though. Far fewer upsets for home teams and on Fridays opposed to Thursdays.

Advertisement
Tale of the tape (thus far)

Total Offense:
Good Guys #2
VagTech #80 (by comparison USF #57, UF #46, BSU #110)

Total Defense:
Good Guys #10
VagTech #66 (by comparison USF #103, UF #112, BSU #132)

In essence, we’ll be facing a limited offense, but this will be by far the best defense we’ll play, & even with that said they have chinks. VA Tech is #28 against the pass, BUT #103 against the run. Right now, the “weakest” component to our O is the run game, & even here we’re ranked top 35 in the nation.

If there was ever a game to impose our will, setting the L.O.S it will be this game. Cam has been phenomenal, but if there is one thing VagTech have done well this season early on is get to the QB (ranked #10 in sacks). Their run defense is leaky, so it would behoove us to take advantage of this week, on a short week.

Protecting our QB through November is most important, & some games it’s OK to beat the brakes off a foe by grinding them to grain.

Good Guys should win this game 34-14 at worst. There’s nothing that their O provides that should remotely test us. Drones is a fraud, & Key is a lunch pail coach.

History says this will be a tough game, closer than we think, but I don't think history applies this year. The Canes are focused and determined, and I believe we pound them into submission this year and easily cover the 17 point spread

Advertisement
Yeah last nights game isn't even as close as it was imo if USF doesn't run tempo.... if VT is comparable & doesn't run tempo I would imagine we truckin

Tale of the tape (thus far)

Total Offense:
Good Guys #2
VagTech #80 (by comparison USF #57, UF #46, BSU #110)

Total Defense:
Good Guys #10
VagTech #66 (by comparison USF #103, UF #112, BSU #132)

In essence, we’ll be facing a limited offense, but this will be by far the best defense we’ll play, & even with that said they have chinks. VA Tech is #28 against the pass, BUT #103 against the run. Right now, the “weakest” component to our O is the run game, & even here we’re ranked top 35 in the nation.

If there was ever a game to impose our will, setting the L.O.S it will be this game. Cam has been phenomenal, but if there is one thing VagTech have done well this season early on is get to the QB (ranked #10 in sacks). Their run defense is leaky, so it would behoove us to take advantage of this week, on a short week.

Protecting our QB through November is most important, & some games it’s OK to beat the brakes off a foe by grinding them to grain.

Good Guys should win this game 34-14 at worst. There’s nothing that their O provides that should remotely test us. Drones is a fraud, & Key is a lunch pail coach.
Our run game is ranked that high & while I'm not fully in the camp our run game is a problem... if we take away Lyle & Allen long runs I would be curious where we are ranked...... I do think we don't attribute the screen game as a glorified run enough also. But good post & thanks for numbers.

In our defense the teams we played defenses aren’t great but they look even worse due to the numbers we are putting up on them

All eyes will be on us. If there are still any doubter hopefully this one is over by the third quarter.

Advertisement
Back