UM-FAU

Advertisement
PUT THE GAME AWAY. This game shouldn't have been close coming down the stretch. When you have a 14 point lead, that's when you string together a couple of stops and push the lead to 20+. Miami can't do that, and that is a problem. Yes, the refs didn't help, but Miami has to finish these games off strong. I don't like that L took Joseph out, and went back to Moore. I don't think Moore is the answer at PG, he doesn't get the offense going ,and is extremely reckless.

It's time to face reality, this team needs a lot of things to go well in quick succession for L to survive. Frankly, I think that the powers that be need to lay the groundwork for L to retire. Miami can't afford to have another **** poor season, and hope that the youngsters next year fixes it. It's a good class, but it isn't a GOAT class, one that can carry mediocrity to the tournament.

Tough to win when your 2 bigs (Miller & Waardenburg) combine for 2 pts, 5 rebs, 0 blks, 8 fouls in 35 minutes of play.

By the way, the leading scorer in the game (FAU's Michael Forrest) is from South Florida. Was Broward County POY a few years ago. No, Miami did NOT recruit him. Wonder if larranaga would take him now? LOL!!!

Last edited:
Any word on Jakai Robinson? Just not ready yet? Don't think I've seen him play in any of the games yet

Tough to win when your 2 bigs (Miller & Waardenburg) combine for 2 pts, 5 rebs, 0 blks, 8 fouls in 35 minutes of play.

By the way, the leading scorer in the game (FAU's Michael Forrest) is from South Florida. Was Broward County POY a few years ago. No, Miami did NOT recruit him. Wonder if larranaga would take him now? LOL!!!
That will change with the next head coach.

Advertisement
This is the end of the road for L.

It’s a shame the administration has been so inept that it has to be this way. My lasting impression of Jim Morris is him crying in the dugout having not made the tournament. Competent leadership would never have allowed this. Thankfully, our now former fake AD has been fired.

Advertisement
PUT THE GAME AWAY. This game shouldn't have been close coming down the stretch. When you have a 14 point lead, that's when you string together a couple of stops and push the lead to 20+. Miami can't do that, and that is a problem. Yes, the refs didn't help, but Miami has to finish these games off strong. I don't like that L took Joseph out, and went back to Moore. I don't think Moore is the answer at PG, he doesn't get the offense going ,and is extremely reckless.

It's time to face reality, this team needs a lot of things to go well in quick succession for L to survive. Frankly, I think that the powers that be need to lay the groundwork for L to retire. Miami can't afford to have another **** poor season, and hope that the youngsters next year fixes it. It's a good class, but it isn't a GOAT class, one that can carry mediocrity to the tournament.
The refs didn’t help? We attempted 38 free throws. We’ve been getting calls in every game so far. In fact, without the refs, we lose this game.

Advertisement
L seriously needs to bench Charlie Moore. He’s terrible. I’d rather ride with Bensley Joseph at the point. Sure he’s inexperienced, but he’s already our best defender in the backcourt and makes sound decisions. Moore is a reckless ballhog.

L seriously needs to bench Charlie Moore. He’s terrible. I’d rather ride with Bensley Joseph at the point. Sure he’s inexperienced, but he’s already our best defender in the backcourt and makes sound decisions. Moore is a reckless ballhog.
I agree 100%. Did something happen with Beverly? not on the bench tonight.

Advertisement
This is what you should expect any time a kid is transferring to several schools. Say what you will, but a kid transferring that many times is always a red flag to me.

An average player adds .100 Win Shares per 40 minutes. He's averaged that twice in his five years, at .104 in his freshman year, then .104 in his first year at DePaul. His turnover percentages in order: 19.4%, 18.9%, 18.2%, 18.8%, 24.3%.

I think the turnovers will settle down some, but he's pretty clear a high usage (percentage of shots while on floor), high turnover, low efficiency guard. He should be a reserve who comes in and provides offense when your starters are getting a rest. Relying on him as some sort of offensive catalyst will be a recipe for disaster this season.

Add to it he's a very poor defensive player and I don't see it, personally. This Miami team is ridiculously poor defensively and should probably just play without a big because Rodney Miller is not the guy.

The biggest indictment of the program is reading Miller in a stat line.

If you haven't managed to recruit better, that's a massive problem.

The biggest indictment of the program is reading Miller in a stat line.

If you haven't managed to recruit better, that's a massive problem.
Both Millers, quite frankly.

L is finally bringing in a couple talented bigs and players with length in next year’s class, but it might be too little too late. He needed to do that with this class, or at least find some capable transfers.

Advertisement
Back