Turtle Thomas out at FIU

Advertisement
This is like grade school.

ASU has won 5 national championships, though none since the 80s. During Murphy's tenure, they were like FSU. Top-5 every year, but could never win. [If I remember correctly, they got to Omaha at a more rapid clip than FSU, though.] You do NOT go from ASU to FIU unless you feel like no other good program will hire you. You hold out until they win and then you go somewhere better.

You were FIVE, and admitted you are relying on outdated newspaper articles. Prior to Google you had the gall to opine, which shows that you were simply babbling.

I was five? Did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Thomas was there one year, helped them go to the CWS, and then took a head coaching job in the city he knew better than any other.

But really, tell us more about LSU and ASU forcing him out.

MOAR FACTS!!!!!

"Returned to city he knew better than any other"....... Ok. Is hockey-gnome correct? No.... Obviously, not.

High school in NC and College. He started coaching at Clemson for 8 years, and then spent 2-years in Atlanta. 12-years in Miami.

Bertman does not retain him when Smoky is fired. Lasts 1-year at ASU and accepts job in 2007 at FIU.

Have you ever been to FIU? Have you been to ASU? You realize that Reggie Jackson, Barry Bonds, Bob Horner, Rick Monday, Oddibe McDowell all played at ASU?

"Returned to city he knew better than any other"....... Ok. Is hockey-gnome correct? No.... Obviously, not.

High school in NC and College. He started coaching at Clemson for 8 years, and then spent 2-years in Atlanta. 12-years in Miami.

Bertman does not retain him when Smoky is fired. Lasts 1-year at ASU and accepts job in 2007 at FIU.

Have you ever been to FIU? Have you been to ASU? You realize that Reggie Jackson, Barry Bonds, Bob Horner, Rick Monday, Oddibe McDowell all played at ASU?

What on earth are you even trying to say? Murphy did not force Thomas out. You are ten thousand percent wrong on that.

Thomas became the nation's premier recruiter in......wait for it......Miami. Weird that he might take a head coaching job there, I know.

The guy put up unprecedented recruiting numbers for 19 years, but you have THREE schools forcing him out. No, that doesn't sound stupid at all.

Advertisement
I've never seen a poster that posts such a volume of self-delusion when he's been PROVEN wrong, and then sets NEW moronic standards for what should be considered a success.

Take a quick break and have a smoke to calm your old ašś down.

His employment record is a joke. Never seen so much excuse making and irrelevant details for a brokedīck failure of a coach...ALL so you can slam our programs and coaches as your only objective.

Last edited:
His employment record is a joke? He went to Omaha with three consecutive schools and was widely known as the best recruiter in the business.

Compare your resume to his. Thanks.

You are obviously right hockey-gnome, coaching baseball at FIU is the pinnacle of success. Savage waited 10-years at 2 West Coast Schools, and then had to take the UCLA job because FIU was taken.

UM recruits itself. 25 Omaha trips, which is second only to Texas. di Mare did just as well recruiting as Turtle. May Turtle succeeded because of the prowess of the UM brand.

Why did Bertman not retain him? Why not wait it out at a top-3 program (ASU). 12-years at Miami; 6.5 years at LSU; and 1 year at ASU. There is a trend there, but you do not see it.

Arteaga LOVES the city of Miami. Turtle is born and raised in NC, despite what you said. At FIU, Turtle could get all of the Hialeah boys that could not afford UM. Arteaga and di Mare do not get along, so I could see Arteaga leaving and flourishing at UM.

FIU FIRED Turtle and you were lauding him as the second coming. We will see who hires him now.

You should stick to giving directions to Hemingway's house, and to doling out Conch fritters and Key Lime Pie.

I lauded him as the second coming? You're strange. I said that he took the fall for Morris and that we haven't won a title since his last player was on the UM campus. Prove me wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back