Tua Sucks!!

Advertisement
If Tua played this way but was 6’5 with a rocket arm and 4.6 wheels I think we would be a little more patient.

he is 6’0, an overrated athlete, and has average arm strength. He also can read through his progressions

Plus, Buffalo was a 6-win team in Allen's rookie season, while Miami was a 10-win team in Tua's rookie season, so maybe the expectation (and, as you point out, patience) levels are different.

Advertisement
Tua coming back from that injury was a feel good story and the Dolphins got caught up in it. And playing qb at bama made the dude look way better than he is. Dolphin front office panicked. Should have traded down.

Got a chance to correct the error and draft a qb, do they have the balls like the cardinals?
Yeah my take was the talent isn't worth the injury risk. Thought it made sense to wait a year with the extra picks in 2021. Definitely didn't believe all the yards he racked up throwing RPOs and crossers to NFL dudes behind an NFL OL would translate.

Clearly Herbert was the optimal move but he was actually held back by coaching in college. I've seen firsthand (Bucs) how awful that OC Arroyo is.

Yeah my take was the talent isn't worth the injury risk. Thought it made sense to wait a year with the extra picks in 2021. Definitely didn't believe all the yards he racked up throwing RPOs and crossers to NFL dudes behind an NFL OL would translate.

Clearly Herbert was the optimal move but he was actually held back by coaching in college. I've seen firsthand (Bucs) how awful that OC Arroyo is.
I still don't fully reconcile what those people did to Herbert. We didn't see 1/3 of what he's shown as an NFL rookie. They limited him to like 2.5 total plays. Wild. That OC should be investigated.

Terrible game for the Dolphins. Tua deserves a lot of criticism. The defense was ***. Special teams. Everything. No matter what minimal expectations I had going into this season, they got raised along the way. Today was below expectations. Not only that, but has me more concerned and less patient about Tua. I wasn’t a big fan of picking him but rooting like **** for him. With this absolute gift of getting the 3rd pick and a deep QB class, the conversation needs to be had in the front office about pulling an Arizona This will be very interesting to see how it unfolds and what they see in Tua.

Exactly, that's why you don't even think of taking Jones. Wilson has to be the guy.

Can Tua even be traded?

Advertisement
I still don't fully reconcile what those people did to Herbert. We didn't see 1/3 of what he's shown as an NFL rookie. They limited him to like 2.5 total plays. Wild. That OC should be investigated.

Jeff Tedford had a health emergency and Arroyo took over as OC. 32nd ranked offense DVOA ensued.

On Hard Knocks they showed 1 play where Herbert climbed a pocket and threw a strike deep down the middle of field in practice. I knew right then and there that there was more to him than what he showed in college.

Terrible game for the Dolphins. Tua deserves a lot of criticism. The defense was ***. Special teams. Everything. No matter what minimal expectations I had going into this season, they got raised along the way. Today was below expectations. Not only that, but has me more concerned and less patient about Tua. I wasn’t a big fan of picking him but rooting like **** for him. With this absolute gift of getting the 3rd pick and a deep QB class, the conversation needs to be had in the front office about pulling an Arizona This will be very interesting to see how it unfolds and what they see in Tua.
Dolphins quit because they knew they weren't going any where with Tua...

D1718F38-680A-4182-AA22-604D786AC0DC.jpeg

Advertisement
Someone is eventually gonna bump all the Tua is God threads while throwing to wide open receivers at Alabama. I remember all the Tank for Tua talk

Tua coming back from that injury was a feel good story and the Dolphins got caught up in it. And playing qb at bama made the dude look way better than he is. Dolphin front office panicked. Should have traded down.

Got a chance to correct the error and draft a qb, do they have the balls like the cardinals?
I've never noticed till this year how much a player's story affects their draft prospects. I would've thought that scouts and analysts would look past that but they clearly don't.

Tua coming in at halftime in the NC game was enough for the media to declare him the second coming that instant but the hype was clearly matched by scouts as well. After just 13 games in CFB there was a "tank for Tua" narrative and if not for Burrow emerging this dude would've gone #1 overall.

I think you're seeing the same thing with Lawrence this year. Freshman QB wins the natty over Bama and instantly he becomes the third greatest QB prospect to have ever lived. Clearly these scouts are suckers for good stories.

Advertisement
I've never noticed till this year how much a player's story affects their draft prospects. I would've thought that scouts and analysts would look past that but they clearly don't.

Tua coming in at halftime in the NC game was enough for the media to declare him the second coming that instant but the hype was clearly matched by scouts as well. After just 13 games in CFB there was a "tank for Tua" narrative and if not for Burrow emerging this dude would've gone #1 overall.

I think you're seeing the same thing with Lawrence this year. Freshman QB wins the natty over Bama and instantly he becomes the third greatest QB prospect to have ever lived. Clearly these scouts are suckers for good stories.
There was a lot of pressure from the media for Miami to take the guy. It seemed like if Miami didn't take the guy it would have been the greatest draft travesty in the history of the NFL. One draft story that did work in Miami's favor was with Marino and the coke use.

Actually his OC is now the HC at UNLV.

Which is why I believe it’s not all playcalling. Tua doesn’t have Alabama open and can’t recognize NFL open. He holds the ball too long which was also a weakness at Bama. He’s partly to blame for his struggles.

All the more reason to run a wide open offense and see what he can and can't do. You probably won't get the #3 pick again in a while, so it would have been nice to have more data going into that crucial decision.

People are in a rush to make conclusions on Tua because of the college hype. Let it play out.

He's a rookie QB with no off-season on a team with three rookie OL, practice squad RBs and receivers who can neither separate nor catch. He had bad games and good games. His numbers were not spectacular but they were not bad, and his team went 6-3.

In terms of traits, he always reminded me of Drew Brees and Baker Mayfield. Both of those guys had seasons with a <6.5 YPA like Tua. As the offense improved, they made more explosive plays. Keep building up a physical OL and give him weapons. Then we will see what he really has.

Advertisement
Back