Tua Sucks!!

People are in a rush to make conclusions on Tua because of the college hype. Let it play out.

He's a rookie QB with no off-season on a team with three rookie OL, practice squad RBs and receivers who can neither separate nor catch. He had bad games and good games. His numbers were not spectacular but they were not bad, and his team went 6-3.

In terms of traits, he always reminded me of Drew Brees and Baker Mayfield. Both of those guys had seasons with a <6.5 YPA like Tua. As the offense improved, they made more explosive plays. Keep building up a physical OL and give him weapons. Then we will see what he really has.

Yea, I agree that we need to see him with better skill guys

BUT

This last game made me really concerned about how he feels about his hip (or what the coaches are telling him). Him deciding to slide on the 5 yard line down 20+ points basically in a playoff game was really concerning. I hope it was just a brain fart and not a sign of him being over cautious for his career.

Advertisement
Yea, I agree that we need to see him with better skill guys

BUT

This last game made me really concerned about how he feels about his hip (or what the coaches are telling him). Him deciding to slide on the 5 yard line down 20+ points basically in a playoff game was really concerning. I hope it was just a brain fart and not a sign of him being over cautious for his career.
The Vegas game, on one play he scrambled and he reminded me of a young Peyton Manning running. This is not good, he looked arthritic.

Terrible game for the Dolphins. Tua deserves a lot of criticism. The defense was ***. Special teams. Everything. No matter what minimal expectations I had going into this season, they got raised along the way. Today was below expectations. Not only that, but has me more concerned and less patient about Tua. I wasn’t a big fan of picking him but rooting like **** for him. With this absolute gift of getting the 3rd pick and a deep QB class, the conversation needs to be had in the front office about pulling an Arizona This will be very interesting to see how it unfolds and what they see in Tua.
Not sure what the QB class looks like for 2022, but I'd be tempted to trade down for a team that really wants Fields and grab maybe Trask late 1st round. Then revisit QB conversation next year if either Tua or Trask don't show they got it.

Advertisement
Back