Trajan Bandy comparison

If I recall correctly we took awhile to offer him a scholly and when we did he quickly moved on from Oklahoma to us. Anyone know why we took so long? Was it a height issue with the staff?

Advertisement
I actually don't think he'll be tested as much as we think. I think the Notre Dame tape from 16 is going to stick out to a lot of analysts and OCs as the one thing you don't want to happen. House calls are devestating, and he's already shown he can and will call home if you **** up lol.
Ain't no OC worried about that play. He jumped a slant route while playing nickel. This year he's going to be lined up on the outside, 1-on-1 against bigger wide receivers. They'll definitely be trying him.

Advertisement
Ain't no OC worried about that play. He jumped a slant route while playing nickel. This year he's going to be lined up on the outside, 1-on-1 against bigger wide receivers. They'll definitely be trying him.
I really think if some of the other CBs step up our defense would be stronger w/ Bandy in the slot but that is asking a lot from Ivey , Blades , Bethel and 2 kids in Couch and Williams.......

He lined up primarily playing outside last year in 2018 so that won’t be nothing new for him.

He lined up primarily playing outside last year in 2018 so that won’t be nothing new for him.

That, and I believe OC’s are going to want to test the young pups first at the other CB spot plus nickel. It will be apparent on all 3 to work in tandem and help each other out. Then we have newbies at both safety spots as well. Our pass rush hopefully will do enough consistently that the opposing team doesn’t have time to exploit them until such time as they gain additional experience.

Advertisement
I'll certainly defer to your instincts over mine. However, I still feel good about your analysis. Bandy is one of my faves, he is going to work hard enough to be up to the challenge.

Oh I love Bandy. My favorite player on defense. But I don't think anybody is necessarily scared of him. He's a really good player but I thick most OC's are willing to take a shot at him because he's not physically imposing

Oh I love Bandy. My favorite player on defense. But I don't think anybody is necessarily scared of him. He's a really good player but I thick most OC's are willing to take a shot at him because he's not physically imposing
Good let those OC's take that shot and I'll take Bandy in those situations.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You've stuck with this comparison for years. It's a solid one. He's going to seriously be tested this year. Hope he shows out.

I think he'll welcome the challenge and after a while they will avoid him.

But know that even the greatest CBs gave up a TD once every blue moon or so.

Also he wont be the first short CB to excel in college or in the Pros

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back