Top ten Canes since program came back?

I am originally from Upstate NY... The funny thing about McClinton is that he started at Siena College, just outside of Albany. He got ****ed off when the coach, Rob Lanier, was fired and he transferred to UM.

Advertisement
Salmons was very talented. He missed a 3 to beat UCONN the year they won the championship as a freshmen and from that day never inserted himself the way he should. He should have had a much biggrer impact. Salmons and Mcclellan are the two most talented players since the program came back. The best player though is Jack McClinton and I don't think it's close. He had the worst coach in the history of college basketball and carried this team for years with not much talent around him. If he wasn't on our team, we would have won 3 to 4 conference games a year. Tim James is probably second to Jack.

Advertisement
I can tell that there's a lot of young fans here.

Eric Brown, Johnny Hemsley and Tim James were all top tier players for us.

Jack McClinton was great too. McClellan is the closest to being in the conversation with the 4 mentioned above, in my opinion. Tito Horford was also a very good player.

James Jones and Marcus Barnes were great high-school talents that never quite reached their top potential in college. Jones had a nice career with us, but he should have been much better. He became a much better shooter in the NBA.

Didn't Marcus Barnes transfer to northeastern?

Salmons was very talented. He missed a 3 to beat UCONN the year they won the championship as a freshmen and from that day never inserted himself the way he should. He should have had a much biggrer impact. Salmons and Mcclellan are the two most talented players since the program came back. The best player though is Jack McClinton and I don't think it's close. He had the worst coach in the history of college basketball and carried this team for years with not much talent around him. If he wasn't on our team, we would have won 3 to 4 conference games a year. Tim James is probably second to Jack.

Was at that UConn game at the old Miami Arena. Would have been a humongous shot had it gone down.

1. Larkin
2. James
3. McClinton
4. Hemsley
5. Brown
6. Rice
7. Salmons
8. Diaz
9. Kadji
10. James Jones

Honorable Mention: Hite, Popa, Bland, Scott, Edwards, Norris, McKinney-Jones

When I look back at it to bad we couldn't have had Diaz, Hite and McClinton here at the same time. That would have been an Final Four guard trio.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back