Eric Brown
Guerrilmo Diaz
Angel Rodriguez
Joe Wylie
Steve Edwards
Johnny Hemsley

Feel free to add and then rank

Advertisement
Dwayne Collins was another guy who seemed to have all the tools but never quite put it all together.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shane Larkin needs to be on the list.

This. If you're going to put guys like Sheldon and Angel on this list who only played 2 years with us, you have to include Larkin. The guy was runner-up fro ACC POTY (and we all know he was robbed) and a lottery draft pick. Without Larkin, that sweet 16 team doesn't get past the first round. And an argument could be made they don't even make the tourney.

Sheldon McClellan #1 , he was clutch and developed his game a lot at Miami. If he was more agressive he would have put up even more gaudy stats

Advertisement
You gotta list Constantin Popa for his incredible physique alone. On the serious side, IMHO it's easy to forget how good a player Tim James was here. Also, I could see putting Tito Horford on the list. He was a force inside in his two years at UM.

Last edited:
I can tell that there's a lot of young fans here.

Eric Brown, Johnny Hemsley and Tim James were all top tier players for us.

Jack McClinton was great too. McClellan is the closest to being in the conversation with the 4 mentioned above, in my opinion. Tito Horford was also a very good player.

James Jones and Marcus Barnes were great high-school talents that never quite reached their top potential in college. Jones had a nice career with us, but he should have been much better. He became a much better shooter in the NBA.

Advertisement
You gotta list Constantin Popa for his incredible physique alone. On the serious side, IMHO it's easy to forget how good a player Tim James was here. Also, I could see putting Tito Horford on the list. He was a force inside in his two years at UM.

cpopa.jpg

Advertisement
Back