Toledo

That Toledo game was hard to watch, they threw all day on us. Anyone know how good their new QB is?

Advertisement
Never said that. Just said it was weird. We didn't know what to expect from you. You had other things to deal with. It was a disadvantage for both squads in different ways. This season will be different in the fact that you won't know what we are throwing at you, but we won't have rythm yet.

Negatron.

Last season was weird with the shifting of the FSU game and massive Hurricane. We had hardly any film on you and you had 3 of our games. This season will be a different look. No time for us to work out the kinks, but Miami won't have any good film of us. I assume we will throw the playbook at you. Also no "Toledo won't handle the humidity" talk. In 2017 after the first drive Toledo controlled the first half. Miami could run at will but stopping us was no easy task. We brought it to 38-30 in the late 3rd quarter. We got burnt out but Miami wasn't giving backup players time. If we are a fringe top 25 team and MAC contender again, finding time for depth guys should be tough once again.

UT opens with FCS VMI, BYE, Miami, Nevada, @Fresno State. A welcoming home slate for the most anticipated season in a while.

I give credit where it's due, you guys played us well last year, I'm not gone say I was worried but you did expose some our weaknesses, but this time around we have a upgrade in talent across the board, we will overwhelm you with talent, and more consistent play, but if our oline improves this year and our backers are better in pass coverage IT WILL NOT BE CLOSE AT ALL THIS YEAR.

That Toledo game was hard to watch, they threw all day on us. Anyone know how good their new QB is?
Fall QB battle. Could be a runner, could be a thrower... Don't know yet. We have had pretty consistent QB play since 2010 though and still have good weapons to help whoever it is out. It will be a good enough player to win 9 games with a MAC schedule, that's about all anyone knows in late June.

I give credit where it's due, you guys played us well last year, I'm not gone say I was worried but you did expose some our weaknesses, but this time around we have a upgrade in talent across the board, we will overwhelm you with talent, and more consistent play, but if our oline improves this year and our backers are better in pass coverage IT WILL NOT BE CLOSE AT ALL THIS YEAR.

In all fairness, everytime we play a P5 school it's not supposed to be close and we mannage to make plays at key times to keep it competitive... For the sake of argument, yes, if Miami plays well defensively it's over by half with even a "decent" run game. Last year your DL struggled getting penetration against our OL though and your DB'S were lost. The LB'S stunted our run game no problem.

Best case scenario for Toledo is that we out kick and punt you, force a few turnovers, keep your rushers under 200 a piece (sad) and air it out like last season in front of a wild home crowd.

The Suckeyes, scUM, and ND all play at different times. We should pack 30k in the Glass Bowl for a fun team in town.

Advertisement
Never said that. Just said it was weird. We didn't know what to expect from you. You had other things to deal with. It was a disadvantage for both squads in different ways. This season will be different in the fact that you won't know what we are throwing at you, but we won't have rythm yet.
I admire your willingness to support your team. But, let's be honest. UTo is a good, perhaps very good, mid-major team. Miami is trying to be, and may be close, to be a top 4 [play-off team] or top 8 team. There is a very big difference in those programs. Good luck, but do not bet your house on a UTo win this season...................

I was checking in to see if there was any chit chat of our game yet... I didn't have to go far. Some people have poor short term memories... But it's fair to say that the humidity gets to all of us.

Until about week 11, Toledo was the best win on Miami's schedule last season. If they wouldn't have taken a dive in their disinterested bowl game they would have finished in the top25.

New year, new team, new QB with the best returning WR corps in the history of the MAC. Could be fun? I'd suggest run the ball. A lot. The game will probably reflect last seasons point total and spread.

All fans should support their teams, but do me a favor.

In light of our game last year against Appalachian State, please keep your band, your flag team and for lawd’s sake keep your fat ugly women on your side of the field when we come out of the tunnel.

Our players are well behaved, but we can’t control the racist tendencies of some of these two bit small town hicks.

it hurts me that a Toledo fan can come on here and even think that it will be a game, we will be back only when these fans are hoping that they wont be blown out.

it just shows how far we have fallen but were making our way back up.

Advertisement
it hurts me that a Toledo fan can come on here and even think that it will be a game, we will be back only when these fans are hoping that they wont be blown out.

it just shows how far we have fallen but were making our way back up.

Na, this dude whould be confident if Toledo was playing the Patriots. Some fans are very loyal and think their team will win no matter who they play. THe Toledo game last season was the least prepared Miami team of my lifetime (for obvious reasons) and still boat raced then in the second half.

Miami by 25+

Na, this dude whould be confident if Toledo was playing the Patriots. Some fans are very loyal and think their team will win no matter who they play. THe Toledo game last season was the least prepared Miami team of my lifetime (for obvious reasons) and still boat raced then in the second half.

Miami by 25+
You should go quote my posts from last season before and after the game. I predicted the spread line and a loss. The only thing I ripped on Miami fans for were the ones that predicted 62-0. We put up 500+ yards and gave you something to work on the rest of the year which was your "all world DB's." 38-30 was the score with 7:30 left in the 4th quarter. The problem we ran into was one from the year before and a nagging one all season...Decent to good RB'S go for 150yards+ on us. That happened, we lost.

We don't even have a QB yet so to make a score prediction for week 3 is not in my cards. 25 points could be close to the spread. It could be something like 13. Neither you or I know yet.

As far as being confident against the Patriots? What lol? I'm confident against MOST G5's and anyone who doesn't run the ball well. That's it. But we are at home and it will be fun. This will be the highest ranked opponent in the Glass Bowl since #4 2010 Boise State. Highest P5 since #9 Pitt in 2004 which we won.

Advertisement
I think this game will be closer to Appalachian state than last year, if stopping the run is the Achilles heal, its gonna be a long night on paper our RB room hasn't looked this good in years

you never said that, but you certainly implied it

i'm tired of these sub par teams thinking this is the same miami of the last decade that had below the par.. everything, except players

seeing those app state fans legit think they were gonna win. Seeing toledo fans confident as **** as last year, and now the same this year.

hurricane players that read this board, take note

Breaking in a new QB with 2 bunnies in front of us? Biggest game there in awhile?

We drop 40 and they don’t get past 14

Sorry to that Toledo fan that is lurking y’all are a great team in yalls MAC but y’all had a very impressive QB slinging he rock and played with his hair on fire... you will not be seeing him running down that tunnel

Advertisement
Last season was weird with the shifting of the FSU game and massive Hurricane. We had hardly any film on you and you had 3 of our games. This season will be a different look. No time for us to work out the kinks, but Miami won't have any good film of us. I assume we will throw the playbook at you. Also no "Toledo won't handle the humidity" talk. In 2017 after the first drive Toledo controlled the first half. Miami could run at will but stopping us was no easy task. We brought it to 38-30 in the late 3rd quarter. We got burnt out but Miami wasn't giving backup players time. If we are a fringe top 25 team and MAC contender again, finding time for depth guys should be tough once again.

UT opens with FCS VMI, BYE, Miami, Nevada, @Fresno State. A welcoming home slate for the most anticipated season in a while.

Christ here we go.

you never said that, but you certainly implied it

i'm tired of these sub par teams thinking this is the same miami of the last decade that had below the par.. everything, except players

seeing those app state fans legit think they were gonna win. Seeing toledo fans confident as **** as last year, and now the same this year.

hurricane players that read this board, take note
The only thing I stated were facts. No good film on Miami for us, 3 games of film for you guys, but you didn't practice for a week. Both disadvantages. Nothing implied.

And sub par? We were a Massey composite top 40 team all season. That's better than half of the bowl teams and half of the ACC. So minus the SOS, we play like an average ACC team.

And why do you bring up App State, but grt all in a tissy when Toledo fans compared Miami to Arkansas. We aren't App State. You aren't Arkansas. I don't care what you did to them in 2016.

I am one person and I have said nothing of the sort of Toledo beating you this year. I'll steer away from a prediction until I know who our QB is and how good Miami is.

Talk about players reading forums? Who do you think is affected more... Toledo seeing Miami fans predicting 40 point blow outs or Miami seeing Toledo fans cheering for a fun game and a cover?

Toledo did put up a good fight last year, at least until the fourth quarter when Miami put it away. The quarterback was lights out but Miami had an issue of making almost every quarterback they played look like Tom Brady. Still, that was probably the best Toledo team in their history and I don't see them hanging around as long this year. They are not a garbage team, just not nearly talented enough. Close for a half, maybe. Miami pulls away and wins by three touchdowns.

Advertisement
Back