2025 Timothy Merritt, CB - Parker HS (Birmingham, AL) offered

Advertisement
Dont know how fast he is but he looked pretty quick on his first play at WR blowing by the DB and he closes quick on the throws. Will wait to see his official times, not sure what the competition is like where he plays

Advertisement
Gaby just said rn " I like Miami here"

Basically a Crystal Ball from him.

Will we see it todat at 7PM?
Dave Chappelle Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Short highlight tape so tough to get a sense for what kind of player he is, but he seems to have solid physical traits.

I wonder if he has any verified track times. Could not find any. Seems fast enough though.

Excerpts:

- “When coach Jackson was at Marshall, he told me whenever he got somewhere bigger he was coming to get me, and he kept his word,” Merritt told CaneSport. “He kept his word, and I feel like that is special. Also, Miami speaks for itself.”

- “That’s very important, because in this business all you have is your word,” Merritt said. “If you don’t stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything.”

- “It’s been really good, and I just got off the phone with the head coach,” Merritt said of his relationship with Miami’s staff. “He was just letting me know he’s ready for me to get down there. For me, being a kid from Alabama, that’s special for me.”

- “Just the relationship I’ve built with the coaches and to see the facilities,” Merritt said. “I really want to feel the environment in the building.”

- “Relationships,” Merritt said when asked what he looks for the most in a program. “That’s important to me. I also want to play early and see if I fit into a program scheme, how many defensive backs they run on the field, and how they take care of my mom. Things like that.”
Relationships always over anything instead of other **** fans bring up. Taking care of mom is over wins period

Advertisement
When coach Jackson was at Marshall, he told me whenever he got somewhere bigger he was coming to get me, and he kept his word,” Merritt told CaneSport. “He kept his word, and I feel like that is special. Also, Miami speaks for itself.”

Useless pondering...but assuming Jackson told him this in the last recruiting cycle...I wonder if he was supposed to come here with Guidry last year, but we couldn't fire Addae at the time and asked him to wait a year.

Useless pondering...but assuming Jackson told him this in the last recruiting cycle...I wonder if he was supposed to come here with Guidry last year, but we couldn't fire Addae at the time and asked him to wait a year.
That would make sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back