Tim Reynolds Tweet

would be better if we had our own stadium and didn't have to piggy back on folks like some poor bums.

Advertisement
We are deathlocked in to a contract with 72 dolphin stadium until 3019 and that's not a typo. The rapture will happen before Miami gets their own (wouldn't even be close to our own) stadium.

Frenk the Tank is a "Michigan Man" like Stevie Ross. If we want out but still play the huge games at SLS then I bet he wouldn't stop us. Dude seems like he's more worried about getting Super Bowls in that stadium than anything else.

Advertisement
Pete, have you heard anything about this MLS/UM stadium deal?

He said on Twitter the rumors are not true.

It's like this program is perpetually cursed to forever reside in a state of purgatory.

****** coach + Incompetent administration + ****** game day college experience.

Did we sell our soul to win all those championships? Was a deal with the devil made? I mean honestly...there's no explanation as to the level of damage that has been self inflicted on this program, BY this program, over the last decade.

No offense to Pete, but how the **** would he know if it were true or not? He's just a college kid attending the school.

I think there's some smoke to this. The AP released a story this morning where Donna Shalala flatly comes out and says that we're exploring new options for a new stadium and that Sun Life is too large for us, and that she doesn't like that we're a tenant paying rent in someone else's stadium.

She flatly says to the press that getting a new stadium is a priority.

That's not some twitter rumor or hearsay.... those are quotes directly from the president of the university to the associated press.

I don't know when Pete tweeted this, but apparently he was wrong on this one. Something is definitely going on.

Advertisement

No offense to Pete, but how the **** would he know if it were true or not? He's just a college kid attending the school.

I think there's some smoke to this. The AP released a story this morning where Donna Shalala flatly comes out and says that we're exploring new options for a new stadium and that Sun Life is too large for us, and that she doesn't like that we're a tenant paying rent in someone else's stadium.

That's not some twitter rumor or hearsay.... those are quotes directly from the president of the university to the associated press.

I don't know when Pete tweeted this, but apparently he was wrong on this one. Something is definitely going on.

Shalala is a chronic liar. 1- she don't give a **** that we play at JRS. 2- the lease has 20+ years left on it. We won't be moving anytime soon. Hopefully after all the lying of "stadium investments", the Dolphins kick us out. But then we'll probably fold up shop. All part of the plan.

With the renovations going into Sun Life Stadium UM would be crazy to leave. I hope this is just a ploy to gain more leverage with Stephen Ross/Dolphins to get them to sweeten the Sun life arrangement and possibly kick in some money for a UM Indoor practice facility.

Go Canes

Nothing good for either football team has come out of that stadium. Canes and Fins have been dead since each moved there. We have to get out of there.

Shalala is a chronic liar. 1- she don't give a **** that we play at JRS. 2- the lease has 20+ years left on it. We won't be moving anytime soon. Hopefully after all the lying of "stadium investments", the Dolphins kick us out. But then we'll probably fold up shop. All part of the plan.

Or... she sees the hate out there and doesn't want to be remembered as the lady that destroyed Canes football, so she's trying to do something late in the 4th quarter to save her legacy.

That's my hunch.

Sounds to me like they're talking about co-owning a stadium with the Beckham group at about 40-44k capacity... but that it's not in stone yet

With the renovations going into Sun Life Stadium UM would be crazy to leave. I hope this is just a ploy to gain more leverage with Stephen Ross/Dolphins to get them to sweeten the Sun life arrangement and possibly kick in some money for a UM Indoor practice facility.

Go Canes

Danny, you have a wild imagination.

A ploy to gain leverage? Possibly sweeten the deal? Help get a IPC?

I wanna know what **** drugs you take man. Honestly, if you truly think that any of the above is even a .5% possible, you have mental issues and need to see a doctor immediately.

Advertisement

Or... she sees the hate out there and doesn't want to be remembered as the lady that destroyed Canes football, so she's trying to do something late in the 4th quarter to save her legacy.

That's my hunch.

Sounds to me like they're talking about co-owning a stadium with the Beckham group at about 40-44k capacity... but that it's not in stone yet

A piece of **** is a piece of ****. And Shalala is a piece of ****. She has no change of heart. If she did- Golden and Blake would be gone for not performing up to standards.

You cannot put a football field in a soccer field either wise we will have another SLS situation (too far from field). The only way we get one is if some wides up(never gonna happen) and we build our own on campus (gables don't want that).

Last edited:

Go Canes

Nothing good for either football team has come out of that stadium. Canes and Fins have been dead since each moved there. We have to get out of there.

A stadium has nothing to do with why the Canes and Dolphins have performed poorly.

@ByTimReynolds: I asked President Shalala if UM will play at Sun Life in five years. "I actually don't know the answer to that question at this moment."

Too good to be true.

After my TBI, I clearly see how that quote means we will be playing in a new stadium very soon.

Advertisement

Go Canes

A stadium has nothing to do with why the Canes and Dolphins have performed poorly.

Is it a major coincidence that the largest home winning streak in NFL and NCAA history took place at the OB? I can assure you one thing, the OB played a major role in many of our victories. I witnessed it countless times.

[ 2- the lease has 20+ years left on it. We won't be moving anytime soon. Hopefully after all the lying of "stadium investments", the Dolphins kick us out. But then we'll probably fold up shop. All part of the plan.

Have the specific details of the lease ever been made public? Everyone mentions the length of the lease, but every deal has a buyout of some type, it's just a question of how much. The 2nd part of your sentence even implies that, if the Dolphins can 'kick us out', then UM would have a way out of the deal as well. That being said, I would not be surprised if the buyout was very high given the way UM seems to operate.

I don't understand why everyone is worried about the lease. If the Canes decide to move, the Dolphins would not dare to fight it. It would hurt them with a great deal of their fan base, and don't forget, it will hurt them politically with Miami. It has been reported that Miami politicians are trying to push for the Canes to play in the new stadium. Didn't I read that a politician asked Ross if the Canes could leave their lease if able to during the tax reduction talks? I'm sure it would be worked out.

Miami 'politicians'.... LMAO Where were these deadheads when it came time to renovating the OB? Miami politicians are famous for doing the wrong thing over & over again. Canes, Dolphins, Marlins & then whine to bring them back. Not enough brains to blow up a balloon.

I don't understand why everyone is worried about the lease. If the Canes decide to move, the Dolphins would not dare to fight it. It would hurt them with a great deal of their fan base, and don't forget, it will hurt them politically with Miami. It has been reported that Miami politicians are trying to push for the Canes to play in the new stadium. Didn't I read that a politician asked Ross if the Canes could leave their lease if able to during the tax reduction talks? I'm sure it would be worked out.

Advertisement
Back