Tidbits from Richt - Long

Advertisement
"I'm a 57 year old man. If I have a 17 year old in my office, I'm pretty sure I can get him to commit to me if I want to.

:sanford:

Unfortunately, the follow up statement is about the kid going somewhere else after and then flipping, but ultimately his approach makes sense.

But if it's easy to get that, it will be just as easy for someone to flip him later. I just want him to understand who we are and what we offer. Why we are going to be there for him during and after. I rather he leave thinking 'I should have committed' or 'I wish I had committed' rather than 'why did I rush in to that' or did I make a mistake.' That's why I get a lot of calls a day or two later when they've reflected and really want to commit."

We saw that play out with the last staff. Pressure the kids and for what? Turned our storied program into a placeholder. Feeling a little less terrified about holding our commits but it will be a while to get over the battered wife syndrome​. I don't think the Pastor will ever let us lead the league in defections again though.

"I'm a 57 year old man. If I have a 17 year old in my office, I'm pretty sure I can get him to commit to me if I want to.

:sanford:

Unfortunately, the follow up statement is about the kid going somewhere else after and then flipping, but ultimately his approach makes sense.

But if it's easy to get that, it will be just as easy for someone to flip him later. I just want him to understand who we are and what we offer. Why we are going to be there for him during and after. I rather he leave thinking 'I should have committed' or 'I wish I had committed' rather than 'why did I rush in to that' or did I make a mistake.' That's why I get a lot of calls a day or two later when they've reflected and really want to commit."

We saw that play out with the last staff. Pressure the kids and for what? Turned our storied program into a placeholder. Feeling a little less terrified about holding our commits but it will be a while to get over the battered wife syndrome​. I don't think the Pastor will ever let us lead the league in defections again though.

Nothing was more irritating then watching kids use us to get the better offer. Al was such a soft . He was constantly getting played by the recruits.

Advertisement
Back