Thoughts on the freshmen so far?

Advertisement
8 games in. Breathe out. Casey is already in the rotation, that's a promising sign. Aire and Watson are finding minutes here and there. Keep in mind, L tends to run a pretty short rotation, and he believes in going with experience when he can. Minutes are going to be at a premium for the young guys, unless they break out ahead of schedule.

For some reason L never plays Freshmen a lot until later in the season. It even took Lonnie Walker a while to break into the starting lineup.

I like what I see from Casey. Wait and see on the others. We will need them in ACC play.
Lonnie was hurt early on, that's why L put him on restriction. Let's stop pretending that L wasn't trying to get Lonnie involved. That was a huge part of the season, finding a way to get Lonnie and Bruce to coexist in that system, which only started to work once Bruce got hurt and Lonnie was able to be the ball dominant guard he was destined to be at the collegiate level.

Advertisement
Casey over Walker all day. Watson and Aire need to get more time instead of Walker. The other freshmen is likely redshirting.

Casey has done a solid job on d but seemed timid shooting today. Had a strong take to the bucket Sunday for a dunk.

Aire needs to get stronger but he has solid potential.

Can’t really comment on Watson. Looked shaky in his first ever appearance the first time or two down the floor then settled in nicely.

Did I also mention these three need to play instead of Walker?

You see the upside with Casey. He doesn't look like a clueless freshman at all. His stats don't look like much, but he's come in and played solid D and set some nice screens in his limited minutes. I'd like to see him be more aggressive on offense.

Aire is raw and needs to add bulk, but he certainly looks the part. He's gotten a few spot minutes here and there when Omier gets in foul trouble.

Watson is long and athletic. He's looked pretty good in his last couple of appearances, but we have so much backcourt depth that I don't see many minutes for him this year. It's hard to judge in limited action with both, but he appears to have a higher ceiling than Robinson.

Danilo looks like a redshirt candidate.

Being as small as we are (out-rebounded by 10 last night, though it seemed more) and with Omier sure to get into foul trouble battling much bigger guys up front, Aire would seem to be player we need most. Unfortunatey, he's raw and likely not really ready this season for more than a few minutes here and there.

Casey's size is a big plus and he is much more polished. Everyone's had it with Walker but with his size and experience and athleticism, he's gonna play more than expected/hoped for.

Advertisement
From a body standpoint: it’s the most impressive class I’ve seen at miami.

Time will certainly tell but I’m beyond impressed with what I’ve seen to be honest.

It was eye opening seeing them all on the floor in that blowout game against saint francis

Advertisement
That's my top question. Especially since he red-shirted last season. Is he injured? If he's way behind this yrs class of recruits, not a good prognosis.
Well, it appears Robinson is not injured. Played three minutes and is clearly at the farthest reaches of the bench.

Advertisement
Well, it appears Robinson is not injured. Played three minutes and is clearly at the farthest reaches of the bench.
At this current stage he doesn’t look like a ACC caliber player. May need another year or This may have been another case of a bad eval by the recruiting sites…. like Earl Timberlake

Robinson isn’t an ACC player unfortunately. It happens. He can find a place to play at a mid major next year.

Advertisement
Back