Thomas Gore portal

Test and Deca/Equipoise is a decent stack and won't have you wanting to kill people in traffic
IMG_4451.jpeg

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Advertisement
Advertisement
That top part will be a fascinating development.

Totally agree OL development takes longer…but he’s being paid as if he’s a top tier OL (because he was as a prospect coming out).

Now you play the cost vs. production game, how much time do you give him to develop before the financial concerns begin to appear? He had to battle back from an injury which further complicated things.

That money could be freed up for other usage too…

Glad I’m not the one making these decisions, it’s a tough call and the timing is very important too. Don’t give him enough time to develop, he could blossom elsewhere. Stick with it too long and he never hits that next gear, and your investment deteriorates before your eyes.

Welcome to the new age of college football.
Yep great discussion for sure. Its been reported Samson gets massive NIL ($300-500K per year? pure guess). No contribution last year but injury so hard to blame him (money still spent though). Now year 2 and he may not start or contribute much (more money gone...). If he's not a surefire stud starter next year, you've blown ridiculous money that you could have bought some guaranteed studs in the portal. Investment is looking bad right now and i'd rather go buy a top DT war daddy with that money in a must-win year with Cam...

Are we just making bad transfer evals?
No we are adding or have added better players. This is like the NFL now. If you’re 70-85 on the roster you better work! Cause you will be replaced. We had to make room. We did that. Guys left that’s how it works now. I know you know all this im just saying

Yep great discussion for sure. It’s been reported Samson gets massive NIL ($300-500K per year? pure guess). No contribution last year but injury so hard to blame him (money still spent though). Now year 2 and he may not start or contribute much (more money gone...). If he's not a surefire stud starter next year, you've blown ridiculous money that you could have bought some guaranteed studs in the portal. Investment is looking bad right now and i'd rather go buy a top DT war daddy with that money in a must-win year with Cam...
When Samson is Healthy he will play somewhere on the line even if he rotates. My guess is he will play left guard this year. He’s too good not to play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I disagreed with this for one reason only. If we're counting on him to start and play extensively this season, we're ****ed like Chuck at DT. That's no slight or his future to him either.

Bain is an anomaly. Mauigoa, while playing a ton, still looked green out there quite often. He was just the fifth best man we had to put out there. Depth behind him was non-P5 level.
So we’re screwed if the number 8 player in the class 2024 who has all the physical traits to be a first round pick came in and started by the end of the year? Mauigoa came in and instantly was the best lineman in that room(talent perspective). He had a few mental mistakes, which is common for a freshman. Scott coming in and playing right away does not mean we have bad Dts lol. His ceiling is higher than anyone on the roster and anyone that’s in the portal right now. Bain came in and proved himself to be the best lineman on the team? Were we screwed? No we had a very productive unit last season

Advertisement
Worst part about NIL is now we got posters talking money management here
They been doing this for a few years already. "bruh we spent 15m we just cant get to 15.1m we cant go that far,we running out of money"

pause

idk if you meant that type of behavior but I find that hilarious when they say we running out or we cant go that high

They been doing this for a few years already. "bruh we spent 15m we just cant get to 15.1m we cant go that far,we running out of money"

pause

idk if you meant that type of behavior but I find that hilarious when they say we running out or we cant go that high
Same people that were saying to back up the Brinks truck for that bum that went to OSU last spring are sitting in here now with a pocket protector talking about the difference between Traditional and Safe Harbor 401Ks

So we’re screwed if the number 8 player in the class 2024 who has all the physical traits to be a first round pick came in and started by the end of the year? Mauigoa came in and instantly was the best lineman in that room(talent perspective). He had a few mental mistakes, which is common for a freshman. Scott coming in and playing right away does not mean we have bad Dts lol. His ceiling is higher than anyone on the roster and anyone that’s in the portal right now. Bain came in and proved himself to be the best lineman on the team? Were we screwed? No we had a very productive unit last season

The answer is yes, we're likely screwed if that's what happens. You say physical traits, but he isn't likely going to be physically ready to handle the grind full time. Spell some guys, sure, but DT is a grown *** mans game. Teams sense any weakness in the middle, they'll punish you up the gut.

It has nothing to do with projection, ranking, talent, ceiling, or whatever. Freshman DT's are the rarest of the rare.

Bain could make an argument for the best DL, he certainly showed up in the stats department. That's typical of a DE vs a DT. JHH was our best DL last year IMO.

Francis was our 5th best lineman last year. He played great for a freshman, key being a Freshman. It's good he got the experience.

Advertisement
Back