**** This Feels Good

It feels great, it's been so long. I am personally just keeping myself in check. At halftime last night most of our fanbase was not happy. Half a day later fans are talking about winning the NC and the best QB in program history and college this season. We have played 4 games and haven't played a good team yet. I also know one injury and everything changes. I am taking it game by game, hopefully to the ACC Championship. This team has weaknesses that haven't been challenged yet. Beating VT is all I am focused on.

I don't have many friends either - but I'm an a**hole.

Advertisement
We haven’t been challenged yet but you can tell really good teams from okay ones by how they dispatch lesser opponents. It’s been mentioned here by others but previous Miami teams would have been in a death struggle with USF, would have pulled out a 21 point win against Ball State and would have struggled against UF. Not to mention, we are assuming USF isn’t good but they’re 2-2 with losses to us and Alabama. Nobody has played two opponents that good yet. They could win out and make a run for the playoff seed for G5 champs.

Yeah, we were 4-0 last year against mostly inferior opponents but if you can’t tell the difference between this year’s team and last year’s, you haven’t been watching.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It feels great, it's been so long. I am personally just keeping myself in check. At halftime last night most of our fanbase was not happy. Half a day later fans are talking about winning the NC and the best QB in program history and college this season. We have played 4 games and haven't played a good team yet. I also know one injury and everything changes. I am taking it game by game, hopefully to the ACC Championship. This team has weaknesses that haven't been challenged yet. Beating VT is all I am focused on.
So does your preparation and focus on beating VT really affect the outcome of the game? I get what you're saying, but we are fans, and it is our god given right to speculate, appoint this team as CFP worthy, etc, etc. Always craxcks me up when fans act like we directly affect the prepation for an upcoming game/season. Yes, we can play a role at the actual game with fan noise, but c'mon, enjoy the ride!

Advertisement

This season can be looked at as 3 seasons rolled into one... we just got done with early season, now comes ACC season and playoffs....

Advertisement
Back