These polls are complete...

Seems like every week you guys cry about this ****. Our ranking is perfectly reasonable at this point. When we lose to good teams and dont get killed for it you guys are all good for it but god forbid other teams not get killed for losing to good teams.

Did you follow the games this past week? Do yourself a favor... review the results and then come back to this thread to discuss.

Yes I am very well aware that a lot of top teams lost this weekend. Im also aware that really only the results of the Oregon, MSU, and WVU games could have possibly affected our ranking because the other teams were ranked to highly to fall out of the top 10. Unless that is if your stupid enough to think we should have moved over Iowa, Maryland, Xavier, UVA, or Oklahoma then I guess you are just to clueless to continue this conversation. We rightfully moved ahead of Oregon. I personally am not going to punish WVU for loosing to the current #2 team and I guess the pollsters arent either. The only one I really see a strong argument for is we should be over MSU but im not going to cry about 1 spot unlike you guys.

Look and see who WVU and Xavier has beaten out of conference. Those are my only two problems.
Non conference RPI #1 NCAA College Basketball RPI Team Comparison - CBSSports.com . 4 non conference RPI top 50 wins. Apparently Xavier hasnt beat anyone out conference though... I guess you are right about WVU but their resume sticks out in other ways like no bad losses.

Advertisement
I don't understand why CBB rankings even exist. Post the RPI and be done with it.

This. For comedic value, take a look at the individual votes for the nine folks who comprise the weekly ESPN Power Rankings. It is just as meaningless as the non-RPI polls, but it offers a glimpse into how differently people can view the same team. Maryland's loss at home to Wisconsin is a great example. Three voters have them at 5, while three others moved them all the way down to 10.

Conclusion: It simply isn't worth the trouble of trying to evaluate why we aren't rated higher than someone other team. There isn't any logic to the aggregate rankings because there isn't much logic (and certainly not the same logic consistently applied) by the various individual voters on a week-to-week basis.

Seems like every week you guys cry about this ****. Our ranking is perfectly reasonable at this point. When we lose to good teams and dont get killed for it you guys are all good for it but god forbid other teams not get killed for losing to good teams.

Did you follow the games this past week? Do yourself a favor... review the results and then come back to this thread to discuss.

Yes I am very well aware that a lot of top teams lost this weekend. Im also aware that really only the results of the Oregon, MSU, and WVU games could have possibly affected our ranking because the other teams were ranked to highly to fall out of the top 10. Unless that is if your stupid enough to think we should have moved over Iowa, Maryland, Xavier, UVA, or Oklahoma then I guess you are just to clueless to continue this conversation. We rightfully moved ahead of Oregon. I personally am not going to punish WVU for loosing to the current #2 team and I guess the pollsters arent either. The only one I really see a strong argument for is we should be over MSU but im not going to cry about 1 spot unlike you guys.

Look and see who WVU and Xavier has beaten out of conference. Those are my only two problems.
Non conference RPI [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] NCAA College Basketball RPI Team Comparison - CBSSports.com . 4 non conference RPI top 50 wins. Apparently Xavier hasnt beat anyone out conference though... I guess you are right about WVU but their resume sticks out in other ways like no bad losses.

This, Xavier actually has a really good OOC resume. Our resume is not that great. We have two wins over back and forth ranked teams in ND and Duke at home, and a few eye sore bad losses. All the teams ahead of us have much better wins than we do, and are arguably better basketball teams than us. This whole story changes soon when we play the tough stretch of our ACC schedule. ****, if we win out we'll be ranked #1 and deserve it. But yea 11 is very fair for us right now.

Just to review....the following happened:

#8 MSU lost to #18 Purdue
#10 WVU lost to #6 KU
#5 XU lost to UNR Creighton
#4 Iowa lost to UNR Indiana
#11 Oregon lost to UNR Cal
[URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] Maryland lost to UNR Wisconsin
#3 OU lost to #6 KU
#7 UVA lost to UNR Duke
#11 Oregon lost to UNR Stanford

MSU doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team.
WVU doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team.
UVA doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team. Granted they beat us and should possibly be ranked ahead of us, they still should have moved.

Miami
RPI: 9
BPI: 10

UVA
RPI: 4
BPI: 4

WVU
RPI: 11
BPI: 8
- Lost to UF by 17

MSU
RPI: 16
BPI: 6

UNC got the shaft too. They should be top 4. Iowa loses to an UNR team and doesn't move. I guess beating an UNR Minnesota is a quality win.

This is a terrible way to look at rankings. They can't just be a team loses so they have to fall. WVU should not fall for losing @kansas. They won at home against kansas, but they should be punished for splitting the season series against the #2 team?

MSU has a one point loss on the road against a top 20 team in OT and they need to fall? Then you claim their other win was 'beating an UNR team', doesn't sound nearly as impressive as smacking a team who is now ranked in Indiana and ahead of them in conference play.

You guys sound like those conspiracy theorists wearing tin foil hats, "the media hates sunshine and south florida so they're intentionally ranking us two spots behind where we clearly should be ranked"

The Canes can't handle top 10 rankings. They tighten up and "loose" every time the break the top 10 barrier. A number 11 ranking is ideal.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2496315 said:
Just to review....the following happened:

#8 MSU lost to #18 Purdue
#10 WVU lost to #6 KU
#5 XU lost to UNR Creighton
#4 Iowa lost to UNR Indiana
#11 Oregon lost to UNR Cal
[URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] Maryland lost to UNR Wisconsin
#3 OU lost to #6 KU
#7 UVA lost to UNR Duke
#11 Oregon lost to UNR Stanford

MSU doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team.
WVU doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team.
UVA doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team. Granted they beat us and should possibly be ranked ahead of us, they still should have moved.

Miami
RPI: 9
BPI: 10

UVA
RPI: 4
BPI: 4

WVU
RPI: 11
BPI: 8
- Lost to UF by 17

MSU
RPI: 16
BPI: 6

UNC got the shaft too. They should be top 4. Iowa loses to an UNR team and doesn't move. I guess beating an UNR Minnesota is a quality win.

This is a terrible way to look at rankings. They can't just be a team loses so they have to fall. WVU should not fall for losing @kansas. They won at home against kansas, but they should be punished for splitting the season series against the #2 team?

MSU has a one point loss on the road against a top 20 team in OT and they need to fall? Then you claim their other win was 'beating an UNR team', doesn't sound nearly as impressive as smacking a team who is now ranked in Indiana and ahead of them in conference play.

You guys sound like those conspiracy theorists wearing tin foil hats, "the media hates sunshine and south florida so they're intentionally ranking us two spots behind where we clearly should be ranked"

At least one other person on here gets it.

Advertisement
Its funny that you guys would rather point out that I misspelled a couple words than debate the points I brought up. I guess you guys have been humbled with facts.

Last edited:
Its funny that you guys would rather point out that I misspelled a couple words than debate the points I brought up. I guess you guys have been humbled with facts.

Why debate rankings when they are irrelevant? If post season seedings were based on rankings then I'd get it. But they aren't.

[]_[] swag;2496315 said:

Why not reward them then? "Congrats on losing to @ Kansas, move up WVU. You deserve it!"

Same thing with MSU. Reward them. They played hard so they shouldn't move at all.

No one is saying conspiracy theorist you potato. We're saying the rankings seem to lack logic, like your post. They're inconsistent too.

Advertisement
Side note: WVU lost again last night. Not sure there are any better teams at beating teams with an RPI over 200.

[]_[] swag;2496315 said:

Why not reward them then? "Congrats on losing to @ Kansas, move up WVU. You deserve it!"

Same thing with MSU. Reward them. They played hard so they shouldn't move at all.

No one is saying conspiracy theorist you potato. We're saying the rankings seem to lack logic, like your post. They're inconsistent too.
The rankings only seem to lack logic because you look at them with an extreme homer bias.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2496315 said:

The rankings only seem to lack logic because you look at them with an extreme homer bias.

Incorrect but that is par for the course from you KuntyScott. Again, you have my analysis and it was impartial. I cited sources as well. All we get from KuntyScott is a dried up smelly ****** and nothing of substance. You then will throw some bullchit about "whining" or being a homer" when neither is occurring.

Keep of the good work KuntyScott, keep it dry! Remember your ABCs everyone...Anyone But the Canes. Right kunty?

Advertisement
Back