These polls are complete...

txcane80

Sophomore
Banned
CRAP... to move up one spot after winning both our games (I don't care about the scores) and with so many teams in front of us losing.... wow!

Advertisement
At the end of the day rankings don't mean all that much. How they finish the season and how they play in the ACC tourney will determine what seed they get. They finish 5-1 or 4-2 these last six games and go deep in the Acc tourney and they may get a 2 or 3 seed.

At the end of the day rankings don't mean all that much. How they finish the season and how they play in the ACC tourney will determine what seed they get. They finish 5-1 or 4-2 these last six games and go deep in the Acc tourney and they may get a 2 or 3 seed.

If the Canes finish 5-1 and make the ACC tourney final they will be borderline No. 1 seed. That would be a dream finish with wins over at least three top-20 teams, maybe more.

They just show that we aren't respected, and it's annoying. It could mean something if this is an indication of how the committee will seed at the end of the year, or it could mean nothing. It's still bull**** whether it means anything or not.

Bottom line: We're ranked #10 and #11 , and should be higher, whether you think it matters or not.

Advertisement
UM should be ahead of West Virginia for sure, but they: (1) had to keep UVA ahead of UM because they beat us earlier this year; (2) over rated Michigan State because most of its losses came when Valentine was injured; and (3) under rated Miami because it won two games versus good to middling teams on last second shots. My gripe is one spot, so it's not all bad.

The question will be if UM closes out strong, maybe even winning ACC tournament, will the committee put UM in a #1 seed. The committee really loves it some Maryland, Tom Izzo, UNC, Oklahoma and Kansas.

UM should be ahead of West Virginia for sure, but they: (1) had to keep UVA ahead of UM because they beat us earlier this year; (2) over rated Michigan State because most of its losses came when Valentine was injured; and (3) under rated Miami because it won two games versus good to middling teams on last second shots. My gripe is one spot, so it's not all bad.

The question will be if UM closes out strong, maybe even winning ACC tournament, will the committee put UM in a [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] seed. The committee really loves it some Maryland, Tom Izzo, UNC, Oklahoma and Kansas.

If we won the ACC reg and tourney on 2013 and weren't a #1 seed, we aren't getting one this year with a tourney win.

We would have to win both and still would probably get a #2 .

Seems like every week you guys cry about this ****. Our ranking is perfectly reasonable at this point. When we lose to good teams and dont get killed for it you guys are all good for it but god forbid other teams not get killed for losing to good teams.

Seems like every week you guys cry about this ****. Our ranking is perfectly reasonable at this point. When we lose to good teams and dont get killed for it you guys are all good for it but god forbid other teams not get killed for losing to good teams.

Did you follow the games this past week? Do yourself a favor... review the results and then come back to this thread to discuss.

Advertisement
Just to review....the following happened:

#8 MSU lost to #18 Purdue
#10 WVU lost to #6 KU
#5 XU lost to UNR Creighton
#4 Iowa lost to UNR Indiana
#11 Oregon lost to UNR Cal
#2 Maryland lost to UNR Wisconsin
#3 OU lost to #6 KU
#7 UVA lost to UNR Duke
#11 Oregon lost to UNR Stanford

MSU doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team.
WVU doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team.
UVA doesn't move after losing a game and beating an UNR team. Granted they beat us and should possibly be ranked ahead of us, they still should have moved.

Miami
RPI: 9
BPI: 10

UVA
RPI: 4
BPI: 4

WVU
RPI: 11
BPI: 8
- Lost to UF by 17

MSU
RPI: 16
BPI: 6

UNC got the shaft too. They should be top 4. Iowa loses to an UNR team and doesn't move. I guess beating an UNR Minnesota is a quality win.

Did you follow the games this past week? Do yourself a favor... review the results and then come back to this thread to discuss.

Yes I am very well aware that a lot of top teams lost this weekend. Im also aware that really only the results of the Oregon, MSU, and WVU games could have possibly affected our ranking because the other teams were ranked to highly to fall out of the top 10. Unless that is if your stupid enough to think we should have moved over Iowa, Maryland, Xavier, UVA, or Oklahoma then I guess you are just to clueless to continue this conversation. We rightfully moved ahead of Oregon. I personally am not going to punish WVU for loosing to the current #2 team and I guess the pollsters arent either. The only one I really see a strong argument for is we should be over MSU but im not going to cry about 1 spot unlike you guys.

Yes I am very well aware that a lot of top teams lost this weekend. Im also aware that really only the results of the Oregon, MSU, and WVU games could have possibly affected our ranking because the other teams were ranked to highly to fall out of the top 10. Unless that is if your stupid enough to think we should have moved over Iowa, Maryland, Xavier, UVA, or Oklahoma then I guess you are just to clueless to continue this conversation. We rightfully moved ahead of Oregon. I personally am not going to punish WVU for loosing to the current #2 team and I guess the pollsters arent either. The only one I really see a strong argument for is we should be over MSU but im not going to cry about 1 spot unlike you guys.

I guess I am stupid then.

your vs. you're
loosing vs. losing
to vs. too

That concludes are.... errrr.... our lesson for today!

your vs. you're
loosing vs. losing
to vs. too

Oh no the horror of not proof reading an internet forum post. I guess I win this debate since you have to lower your self to pointing out spelling mistakes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Outside of the Maryland Win Its kind of sad how bad North Carolina's Resume looks for such a highly ranked team. I almost like our Resume better than theirs but of course we have the 2 sub 100 team losses.
Definitely. That Northeastern loss just looks absolutely like a giant smelly **** on that resume.

We definitely don't get the benefit of the doubt in these polls, but I agree, we are maybe just a spot, maybe two at worst behind where we should be. We finish strong and win either the tourney or ref season I think we are def a 2 seed.

Look and see who WVU and Xavier has beaten out of conference. Those are my only two problems.

your vs. you're
loosing vs. losing
to vs. too

How do you loose something?

Advertisement
Back