There was a time

I would say that Alabama having NCs has more to do with the coaches they have than the "supreme" level of players that they maintain.

You would be wrong. Go look at the genius Saban's results at Michigan State when he didn't have supreme level talent relative to his opponents.

Advertisement
I would say that Alabama having NCs has more to do with the coaches they have than the "supreme" level of players that they maintain.

You would be wrong. Go look at the genius Saban's results at Michigan State when he didn't have supreme level talent relative to his opponents.

Actually, he made his name at MSU, took a team that had only 27 wins in the 5 previous seasons including a 3 win year and made them into a 10 win team that won 35 games while he was there (8 more wins is big in only 5 years). Also, he wasn't great at first at LSU until he got his players that fit his scheme but then built them into a powerhouse that won 48 games in five years. He has been a star since being at Alabama with a proven track record as a winner in college which is why he took a team that won only 67 games the decade before him and made them into a team that won 118...

Advertisement
Pete why do you feel that way on a 4th * with Ford?

Physical tools don't match production at this point. Seen him a few time live and I'm impressed with his frame and agility for his size, but production is still an important part of the evaluation process.

His raw skills are what makes him intriguing to Kool, but he's not coming in as a guy who is ready to play.

He had 12 sacks this year

Where did you see that?
One of the voices in his head told him.

Quit being a **** A55 all the time

Miami DT Commit Ford To Play In O-D All-American Bowl

Fort Lauderdale Dillard three-star defensive tackle Jonathan Ford says that he has accepted an invitation to play in the O-D All-American Bowl.

The Miami verbal commit wrapped his senior season on Friday with five tackles in a loss to Carol City. He finished the year with 12 sacks in just six games after missing three games due to an injury.

The O-D All-American Bowl, which will be held at Kennesaw State outside of Atlanta on Dec. 31, has produced a number of collegiate stars over the years including Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson and former Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin. Ford is expected to be joined at the game by one of Miami's top uncommitted targets in Hialeah Mater Academy four-star cornerback Latavious Brini.

Last edited:
Physical tools don't match production at this point. Seen him a few time live and I'm impressed with his frame and agility for his size, but production is still an important part of the evaluation process.

His raw skills are what makes him intriguing to Kool, but he's not coming in as a guy who is ready to play.

Where did you see that?

Quit being **** A55 all the time

Fort Lauderdale Dillard three-star defensive tackle Jonathan Ford says that he has accepted an invitation to play in the O-D All-American Bowl.

The Miami verbal commit wrapped his senior season on Friday with five tackles in a loss to Carol City. He finished the year with 12 sacks in just six games after missing three games due to an injury.

The O-D All-American Bowl, which will be held at Kennesaw State outside of Atlanta on Dec. 31, has produced a number of collegiate stars over the years including Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson and former Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin. Ford is expected to be joined at the game by one of Miami's top uncommitted targets in Hialeah Mater Academy four-star cornerback Latavious Brini.

Thanks.

I'll try to verify the stats but I'm a bit skeptical. I was at two of those games and he didn't have any sacks so unless he was averaging 3 sacks per game in the other 4 then I'm not sure about the reliability.

I could be wrong, but I'm just telling you what I've seen.

Actually, he made his name at MSU, took a team that had only 27 wins in the 5 previous seasons including a 3 win year and made them into a 10 win team that won 35 games while he was there (8 more wins is big in only 5 years). Also, he wasn't great at first at LSU until he got his players that fit his scheme but then built them into a powerhouse that won 48 games in five years. He has been a star since being at Alabama with a proven track record as a winner in college which is why he took a team that won only 67 games the decade before him and made them into a team that won 118...

Saban was a trashbag at Michigan State. He had a few 6 win seasons, got blowed out regularly and skipped town the minute he had one 9 win season. Folden had a 9 win season here. Crown his *** too.

Where did you see that?

If he had 12 sacks this season I'll give you a gentle loving prostate massage.

Advertisement
The ol' stars don't matter thread again.. and only YOUR team has 3-stars that should be 4-stars..

look at all the inflated rankings for 3 of the 4 teams in the playoff.

Sure worked out well for FSU this year!

Where did you see that?

I was posting what I had seen from the interview man...

Where did you see that?

But that's still a yes to the massage, right?

Where did you see that?

I'll keep the offer open.

Advertisement
[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] Could you give me a few guys that you feel were over rated over the last couple years based on where they were committed?

When stars were based off of film, offers and measurable's (somewhere pre 2008) and not on the amount of subscriptions teams have. Based on that this class is very under rated. I will give you a few base on the film, offers and measurable's that I think are under rated. Just kinda of inserted to see if you guys agree or if you think there is anyone else that you think is under rated base on the pre 2008 click system. If we close with the 2 big lineman this is going to be one **** of a class!

Base on 24/7 rankings

D.J. Johnson 4* should be a 5* most offered kid in the country has size and pops on film.

Donaldson 4* should Be a 5* Film is great, off season was great and has the size!

Ford 3* should be a 4* see Donaldson

Carter 3* should be a 4* Film and Size

Gibson 3* should be a 4* Film is great

Garvin 3* should be a 4* Film is awesome and size fits the bill

I feel like if any of these where going to Bama, UF, and OSU they get the other star.

I agree that these guys are under-rated - at least some/most of them...but the fact that 80+/-% of 1st round picks are 4-5* high school recruits tell us that the high school football recruiting media evaluations are getting quite good.

Go Canes!

Saban was a trashbag at Michigan State. He had a few 6 win seasons, got blowed out regularly and skipped town the minute he had one 9 win season. Folden had a 9 win season here. Crown his *** too.

Soooooooooo....your saying Saban is a bad coach like Golden? Doesn't match up to the overall record the man has...I was saying that his talent level at Alabama isn't the only reason Bama is winning championships, has a lot to do with great coaching and I would say that Saban's 200+ career wins with an all-time win % of 77% would qualify as a better coach than the guys we have had at Miami this past decade...and a young coach (mid 40s at the time) taking a team that averaged only 5 wins a season without a 10 win season since 1965 and turning them into a 10 win team is a big deal (the 1999 MSU team won their bowl game and got to 10 wins that year) and thus the reason he got the LSU job

Advertisement
DJ Johnson's offer list is eye popping. Criminal that he does not have a fifth star. His offer list alone should get him the fifth star.

Advertisement
Back