The Opening 7 on 7 Tonight! 8PMET ESPNU

Read the ESPN Insider Article on the Elite 11

Day 1 Notes Elite 11

- Gibson had the worst accuracy and delivery of the QB group but his athleticism is apparent.
- Oregon QB commit Travis Waller had the slowest release and wind up delivery of the group.
- Rosen and Barnett looked good.
- Brandon Wimbush and Deondre Francois have had the best arms on day one.

Seems like every year at the opening someone blows up this year it sounds like Sam Darnold.

Gibson on recruiting
"If I don't visit Ohio State this summer, I'm going to take an official visit to Ohio State," Gibson said. "I want to take an official visit to Arizona -- Arizona is showing a lot of interest in me. I'm taking a visit to Tennessee, and that's it for right now."

Did Auburn stop recruiting Gibson?

Seems crazy now that Zona is on his radar. I think its a good spot for his talents but seemed like he had better options before.

he DID, but decided to continue being a diva & playing the waiting game. other QBs committed to other programs, leaving him with less & less options than he originally had

so his list of top 68 has been chopped down you say?..

Tennessee seems like they want him the most...they want a Ole Miss type of recruiting class to swing things back around and will do anything to get any 5 star on board.

really? they ended up with a top 10 class last year

Advertisement
Lot of uncommitted DLs on those rosters. Wonder where our next DT prospects are going to come from. It's been so quiet on the DT front. I don't think we get McKenzie. Again, no inside info, just a gut feeling. We've got to find some big animals somewhere.

Lot of uncommitted DLs on those rosters. Wonder where our next DT prospects are going to come from. It's been so quiet on the DT front. I don't think we get McKenzie. Again, no inside info, just a gut feeling. We've got to find some big animals somewhere.

I would love to land the big DT Gallimore from canada he would be a beast at DT/SDE. But his head high school coach is a very smart guy an will want to place Gallimore in the best system to showcase his talent as a inside speed rusher, so unless D'onofrio adjust his scheme to be more aggressive this year I think landing Gallimore could be a battle. He does have alot of interest in Miami and had we been running a 1 gap or 2 gap attacking system I think he may have been ours already. Look for Gallimore to have a big showing at the open.

Go Canes

Go Canes

I would love to land the big DT Gallimore from canada he would be a beast at DT/SDE. But his head high school coach is a very smart guy an will want to place Gallimore in the best system to showcase his talent as a inside speed rusher, so unless D'onofrio adjust his scheme to be more aggressive this year I think landing Gallimore could be a battle. He does have alot of interest in Miami and had we been running a 1 gap or 2 gap attacking system I think he may have been ours already. Look for Gallimore to have a big showing at the open.

Go Canes

Go Canes

What in the **** are you talking about? 2 gap is all about reading not attacking, & where as Gallimore is a freak, I've never read a single article that made me think he's was ever seriously looking at UM.

Advertisement
For those who questions Jordan Scarletts speed he has consistently run under a 4.4 40 at the opening today!!!

Advertisement

Go Canes

Go Canes

What in the **** are you talking about? 2 gap is all about reading not attacking, & where as Gallimore is a freak, I've never read a single article that made me think he's was ever seriously looking at UM.

Thx for the FYI on how UM's 2 Gap front works I apparently had nooooo idea, lmao. What I am plainly saying is his skill set is better suited to an attacking style of defense that emphasizes speed and power to gain the advantage with the 1st step. An that his head coach is a former Cal Berkeley WR and NFL player, so the coach is very smart and understands defensive schemes. With that said I think Gallimore could be very good at setting the edge, but great at leverage pressure off the edge as a SDE/DT.

Also if you did a search in the forum you will find a video interview posted where he talks about wanting to play in warm weather as he has offers from USF,UF, and UM i posted it a while back. He has since toned down his excitement because he wants to generate more buzz for Canadian football and the school he is attending ( it is Canadian version of IMG Academy)

Go Canes

Last edited:
For those who questions Jordan Scarletts speed he has consistently run under a 4.4 40 at the opening today!!!

Anyone who questioned Scarlett's speed simply never took the time to watch his highlights. Either that or they're just completely clueless. That was the attribute that jumped out the most when I first saw him. Elite top-end speed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back