The ones that wanted Lane Kiffin

Lmfao and you think his offense would’ve beat them with how low we came out? You actually think these dudes would take him serious if they don’t take Mario serious?

This whole thread is an abortion.
He's done better with worse so the simple answer is yes

Advertisement
I don't trust Lane and never will.

ELITE playcaller and a fun Twitter view. Fun to watch his teams. I can't trust him to lead a program. Let's not act like he lit the world on fire today, barely scraping by a bad Tulsa team at home.
Survive and advance

show yourselves, wave your hand, and start pillaging.
Presenting Lets Go GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
Advertisement
The problem is, there's no quick fix when you've sucked for 18 years, and you've got a culture of mediocrity. No one was going to come in and turn this around in one year. Even Lane went 5-5 in his first year at Ole Miss, after inheriting a team that had gone 4-8 the previous year.

The problem is, there's no quick fix when you've sucked for 18 years, and you've got a culture of mediocrity. No one was going to come in and turn this around in one year. Even Lane went 5-5 in his first year at Ole Miss, after inheriting a team that had gone 4-8 the previous year.

Yes Kiffin took over a 4-8 team and he won one more game than his predecessor. Cristobal took over a 7-5 team that had a QB who had one of the best seasons for any ACC QB of the past decade. Now that QBs career looks finished and UM will be lucky to make a bowl game. I think advantage Kiffin.

Yes Kiffin took over a 4-8 team and he won one more game than his predecessor. Cristobal took over a 7-5 team that had a QB who had one of the best seasons for any ACC QB of the past decade. Now that QBs career looks finished and UM will be lucky to make a bowl game. I think advantage Kiffin.
TBD what happens this season. I think this team goes anywhere between 5-7 and 8-4. As for TVD, I don't know what's wrong with him. Evidently, he's got something going on, and the scheme is not built towards his strengths.

Advertisement
Someone thought I was drunk when I was doing the warning thing:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/you-need-to-swing-a-bigger-hammer.174349/page-2

I lived through the Botch Davis era (heck, the Jimmy Who too) so patience is possibly warranted, but John Swofford being happy having "friend" John Skipper giving the ACC a Yugo and then Slive/Sankey get a Bentley for the SEC may doom a Miami renaissance if Mario craters the program. Cincy cruhed IU today, let's see that happen 10 years from now, when the Hoosiers have 75% more resources...Ruiz can't SPAC again.

Lane's first year was 2020 during the covid season. I give just about every coach the benefit of the doubt on that year because it was such a crazy season, but he at least finished .500.

Advertisement
I wanted Lane over Mario but thought Cristobal was the better hire for the program long term. I don't know what to think anymore.
We’re only 4 games in. We can’t make a long-terms projection without seeing how this year plays out. It sucks, but this is a rebuild top to bottom. Culture has been rotten for 18 years and our evals have been just as bad.

Pull the receipts. I've said it. Just seemed to be a better fit for us.

I honestly was Kiffin, Freeze, Mario. I just thought our roster would've been better for a Lane system. But our WRs are Cheeks. Gotta get the Doaz roster cleared out before I hang Mario
lmao. you still wont field a competent offense. this mother ****** made Herbert look mid.

We’re only 4 games in. We can’t make a long-terms projection without seeing how this year plays out. It sucks, but this is a rebuild top to bottom. Culture has been rotten for 18 years and our evals have been just as bad.
lol the man we hired to fix it can't coach for ****. again this isnt a culture issue, a roster issue, a player issue. these four games are a coaching issue.

Advertisement
Back