The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I know how the process works. But one guy was out and the next guy was in quickly.

My guess is for some reason he's waiting till after signing day.
Could very well be doing just that if the new hire is currently an OC with a college program ... does not want to negatively impact THEIR current recruiting class. So ... we should hear by Friday then?

Advertisement
Reading that article it sounds a lot like Mario’s process. Slow, when he is ready, multiple rounds.

Edit: Don’t know how to reply and keep the attachment

You can't. If the prior poster forgets to insert the attachment, you lose it on the reply.

Brian Johnson would be a home run hire! That should be our top candidate, he checks all the boxes.

OC/QB Coach
Play calling experience
Elite recruiter
Experience recruiting Florida
Young and Innovative

He's a Dan Mullen disciple and would bring that type of offense to South Florida and hes an amazing recruiter, here's who he landed at UF while only being there 3 years.

Jason Marshall 5 Star CB
Xavier Henderson Top 100 WR
Emory Jones Top 100 QB
Anthony Richardson QB
Corey Collier Top 100 Safety
Nayquan Wright 4 star RB

He also landed another 4 4star recruits. He played an important role in helping Jalen Hurts develop into a MVP caliber QB. This is the guy you back up the brinks truck for, he's everything we are looking for.
Where has he called plays?

Brian Johnson would be a home run hire! That should be our top candidate, he checks all the boxes.

OC/QB Coach
Play calling experience
Elite recruiter
Experience recruiting Florida
Young and Innovative

He's a Dan Mullen disciple and would bring that type of offense to South Florida and hes an amazing recruiter, here's who he landed at UF while only being there 3 years.

Jason Marshall 5 Star CB
Xavier Henderson Top 100 WR
Emory Jones Top 100 QB
Anthony Richardson QB
Corey Collier Top 100 Safety
Nayquan Wright 4 star RB

He also landed another 4 4star recruits. He played an important role in helping Jalen Hurts develop into a MVP caliber QB. This is the guy you back up the brinks truck for, he's everything we are looking for.
Gotta think he’s a year or two from getting an NFL HC gig. Done a phenomenal job with Hurts.

Advertisement
Scott Frost - Co-OC/QB Coach
Seth Littrell - Co-OC/Run Game Coordinator/TE Coach
Stacy Coley - WR Coach
Kevin Smith - RB Coach
Alex Mirabal - OL Coach

Geoff Collins - Co-DC/Safeties
Charlie Strong - Co-DC/LB Coach
Joe Salvea - IDL Coach
Rod Wright - ODL Coach
DVD - CB Coach

OFF Field: Kevin Steele (Analyst), Dennis Smith (Recruiting/Analyst), Stephen Field (Recruiting/Analyst), Mike Rumph (Recruiting/Analyst), Jason Taylor (Analyst), Marwan Maalouf (ST Analyst), Marcus Arroyo (Analyst), Jeff Popovich (Analyst)

Where has he called plays?
1675194457574.png

Advertisement
Stacy Coley - WR Coach
Kevin Smith - RB Coach
Alex Mirabal - OL Coach

Joe Salvea - IDL Coach
Rod Wright - ODL Coach
DVD - CB Coach

OFF Field: Kevin Steele (Analyst), Dennis Smith (Recruiting/Analyst), Stephen Field (Recruiting/Analyst), Mike Rumph (Recruiting/Analyst), Jason Taylor (Analyst), Marwan Maalouf (ST Analyst), Marcus Arroyo (Analyst), Jeff Popovich (Analyst)
Tee Martin- GA

(With the portal being so slow, I have too much time on my hands lol)

Stacy Coley - WR Coach
Kevin Smith - RB Coach
Alex Mirabal - OL Coach

Joe Salvea - IDL Coach
Rod Wright - ODL Coach
DVD - CB Coach

Stacy Coley?

Advertisement
Agreed. Find it bizarre that Feldman who is pretty plugged in with Mario (I think they were at UM at the same time) was so insistent that he’s married to “power spread”.

Yes, they were at UM at the same time (when I was there too), but they are not tied to the hip. Mario is considering all options, no matter what some on this board think. And maybe he goes in a direction that is more familiar too him, that's a possibility. But not because that was a pre-determined outcome.

Well we disagree on TCU. I think that’s a terrible example.

Everything else the same, if TCU had Georgia’s roster, they would have boat raced Georgia. Talent was the difference. It had nothing to do with TCU’s offensive system.

TCU actually supports my point. They were able to dramatically outperform their talent level, beat an elite team in Michigan, and make the playoffs because of the system they ran, not despite it. If they didn’t run an air raid, I doubt they go undefeated, make the playoffs, and and beat Michigan.
Yeah I think we are saying the same thing different ways. TL;DR for me is I would love to run the Air Raid here but I wouldn't expect to beat the big boys doing it.

Advertisement
Well we disagree on TCU. I think that’s a terrible example.

Everything else the same, if TCU had Georgia’s roster, they would have boat raced Georgia. Talent was the difference. It had nothing to do with TCU’s offensive system.

TCU actually supports my point. They were able to dramatically outperform their talent level, beat an elite team in Michigan, and make the playoffs because of the system they ran, not despite it. If they didn’t run an air raid, I doubt they go undefeated, make the playoffs, and and beat Michigan.
AGREED 100%.

imagine having both the talent AND the right system

Has Seth Littrell been rumored to interview for any OC job yet, just curious would think other teams would be interested in him as OC if he wants to be a OC
He interviewed for the TCU job, but Dykes wound up going with Kendal Briles.

I really hope Mario considers & hires him, because otherwise I would hate to see USF or UTEP snatch him up before us.

I could also see him waiting to see what happens with Lebby at Oklahoma, because that would be an ideal landing spot for him as well.

He’s also still owed about $1.6mill from his buyout at North Texas because he signed an extension that was supposed to run through Jan 2024 & they fired him in December of 2022. That’s not much money to overcome & it could easily be paid by whichever team wants to hire him, but he’s pretty much guaranteed 1.6-1.8mill this year whether he gets a job or not, so I could see him going to a team in an analyst role if a job he likes doesn’t present itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back