Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Very good fight, I thought bud won clear but israil style and iq made it very awkward fight for bud. I had it 8-4

I think bud style wise is tuff for canelo but going from 147 to 168 would be insane lol he should just try to get undisputed at 154. 3x undisputed would be an incredible accomplishment

Advertisement
Also bud needs to get back in the ring sooner than later, he is 36 and of course didn’t look as athletic as he usually does. I don’t think trying to go up to 168 at 37 for only your 2nd fight in what 2 years is smart, even if he stays at 154 he should fight again early next year

Yeah Crawford won, no debate needed but this was easily Crawford's toughest fight. Madrimov definitely earned my respect. Especially since I was one who was kinda clowning him for only having 10 pro fights. I guess having over 300 amateur fights does pay off lol
There's two rules of boxing:

1. Don't get into an infight with Mexicans.
2. Don't underestimate boxers from that heavily russian-influenced area. These people can fight, they just enter the pro circuit later at times.

There's two rules of boxing:

1. Don't get into an infight with Mexicans.
2. Don't underestimate boxers from that heavily russian-influenced area. These people can fight, they just enter the pro circuit later at times.
Yep that's the absolute truth. All boxing fans have to know that first rule lol. I'll admit though, I never was too hipped on Russian boxers. I heard they were "tough" but that was it. I should've did my homework though because even with his awkward style, Madrimov surprised me with his skill level. Idk when's the last time Crawford was in the ring with someone who looked just as skilled as himself.

Also bud needs to get back in the ring sooner than later, he is 36 and of course didn’t look as athletic as he usually does. I don’t think trying to go up to 168 at 37 for only your 2nd fight in what 2 years is smart, even if he stays at 154 he should fight again early next year
It is a BIG risk but knowing Crawford, yeah he's taking that Canelo fight as soon as it can be made lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crawford has fought all bums. He beat a washed Spence and a washed Gamboa. Other than those two fights, the guys he’s fought have been subpar. Anyone trying to compare Canelos resume and Crawfords has other motives(ie race).

GGG, Cotto, Lara, Mayweather, Pac, Moseley, Plant,Kovalev…the guy has fought everyone at multiple weights…boxing isn’t W/L. All the all time greats have losses(Ali,Hagler,Duran,Chavez,), it’s about stepping in the ring with the best and seeing who comes out on top…

Advertisement
some thoughts on Crawford-Madrimov and the latest Riyadh Season card..

Crawford has fought all bums. He beat a washed Spence and a washed Gamboa. Other than those two fights, the guys he’s fought have been subpar. Anyone trying to compare Canelos resume and Crawfords has other motives(ie race).

GGG, Cotto, Lara, Mayweather, Pac, Moseley, Plant,Kovalev…the guy has fought everyone at multiple weights…boxing isn’t W/L. All the all time greats have losses(Ali,Hagler,Duran,Chavez,), it’s about stepping in the ring with the best and seeing who comes out on top…
I agree but both resumes are mid on an all time scale. Canelo’s is definitely better than bud’s tho but i have never seen bud avoid someone like canelo has benavidez…A fight i would probably pick canelo in btw but he’s shook

I agree but both resumes are mid on an all time scale. Canelo’s is definitely better than bud’s tho but i have never seen bud avoid someone like canelo has benavidez…A fight i would probably pick canelo in btw but he’s shook
Bivol ruined Canelo mentally. He doesn’t want another, “Possible,” embarrassment.

Advertisement
Back