The banner is flying today boys!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
All a banner does is show we have "questionable" fans with too much money/time on their hands who think they can force the hand of the Athletic Department with actions embarrassing to the school or players. With social media, you don't need a banner to get your opinion out there. Plus we know people in high level positions don't like feeling backed into a corner, so the chances something like a banner would have ANY impact on their decisions is minimal at best.

The money would be better donated to the program or a more legit cause.

I laugh at Simplistic Angry Males every day

Their tortured thought process always supplies a reason

If this is true, I won't be the only one laughing

The glory era was particularly awesome if you understood how fragile it was, and destined to end. That's why I taped virtually every game. SAMs are so dense they expected it to last forever, or be revived upon push of a button

with the coastal still in contention, jumping the shark, but my gut here says you're gonna rally these guys this time around

Advertisement
All a banner does is show we have "questionable" fans with too much money/time on their hands who think they can force the hand of the Athletic Department with actions embarrassing to the school or players. With social media, you don't need a banner to get your opinion out there. Plus we know people in high level positions don't like feeling backed into a corner, so the chances something like a banner would have ANY impact on their decisions is minimal at best.

Every fanbase has their rabbid fans. But none like soccer fans.

Dogs gotta be Dogs. Such is life.

I see people talking about “fanbase”

“Fanbase” is just a misnomer in the way it’s used here. Asśholes tweeting at players or on social media, or delusional banner flying wezzie twats, or most people that post here....are NOT FANS.

They’re self-absorbed wastrels with no lives whose only connection to the program is the ego boost the program gives their damaged psyches when it’s winning.

So of course, they say retarded things and do retarded things and act like low-intelligence nuisances when things don’t go their way, and throw raging online tantrums when they don't get what they want. They're morons.

As far as our actual fanbase, our real fanbase, they’re the 40,000 or hopefully more, souls you’ll see at HRS tonight, with a scant few thousand more that couldn’t make it because they’re hundreds/thousands of miles away.

Anyone other than that are just social media or CIS blowhards. Not fans.

Amen ! (... and now I know what “wastrel” means....lol)

Advertisement
If the banner has the same effect on CMR as it did with Butch, then by all means. But no, it would be embarrassing and look how stoopid Butch made that banner look a few years later.

This is what happens when u r not straight up with people who r sick of losing and all the lies.

Advertisement
Or....maybe wait till halftime, see what the boys bring out on the field first?

This is a fine line, between voicing our displeasure, and handicapping our future recruiting class('s).

If we can keep recruiting classes in the lower teens, top 10, our next coach will have something to work with. We runn off (or add our share of help) more high end recruits, the numbers get replaced with "golenites", now the next coach needs 3 yrs to cycle them out!

I'm frustated to no end, lack of coaching, mismanagement of talents, lack of scheme to oponets weakness',..we have issues, no doubt. Any damage we do to the future recruiting class, simply makes our return more difficult, and possibly longer.

I dint have the answers (new OC),.. But I think a banner right now, isn't a good one!
And one calling for head coaches removal, is a bad one.

I’m sure if I hung out on other teams message boards the hyperbole and exaggeration is just as rampant... but I don’t, and this is dumb

Advertisement
I hope this thtead is our rock bottom.
Or....maybe wait till halftime, see what the boys bring out on the field first?

This is a fine line, between voicing our displeasure, and handicapping our future recruiting class('s).

If we can keep recruiting classes in the lower teens, top 10, our next coach will have something to work with. We runn off (or add our share of help) more high end recruits, the numbers get replaced with "golenites", now the next coach needs 3 yrs to cycle them out!

I'm frustated to no end, lack of coaching, mismanagement of talents, lack of scheme to oponets weakness',..we have issues, no doubt. Any damage we do to the future recruiting class, simply makes our return more difficult, and possibly longer.

I dint have the answers (new OC),.. But I think a banner right now, isn't a good one!
And one calling for head coaches removal, is a bad one.
Yeah, it's one of those situations where you know what's happening and what needs to be done but for political reasons you keep quiet because of the greater damage done at this juncture. As time goes on and things continue to worsen, it becomes more politically palatable to act.

It’s be on thing if the banner said “We need an OC” but this is stupid. Our fan base sucks. Look at this board. 80% of it thinks names like “Mork” are clever.
100% agree. Banner in my opinion should be flown but swing and a miss on the message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back