Strength of Schedule

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Advertisement
I set my personal standard years ago and am too lazy to deviate from it.

9+ wins
Respectable showing in the ACCCG
Bowl win

As I said, it's probably lazy to not adjust it but I'm also of the mindset that until you at least get TO this point that any talk of REAL progress is usually fool's good. We've seen wayyyy too many instances of talk of levels of "success" and perceived "progress" over the last 15-20 years to put ANY legitimate stock in the 8 win season type of years.

So I'll be comfortably numb over here and would appreciate someone slapping me awake or a cold rag to the face once we get close to the standard I mentioned.

This is probably the dumbest SOS list I have ever seen.

We play two teams that finished last year in the top 13 and 5 teams that finished in the top 33. And Texas A&M. That's in no way diabolical but 104th?? I would imagine it's probably around 60th.

Btw, how does Georgia not repeat? Their OOC games are UT Martin, Ball State, UAB, and Ga Tech. In conference they play South Car, Auburn, Kentucky, Vandy, UF, Missou, Ole Miss, and Tennessee.

Staff turnover can usually cause a hiccup but they still have the dudes

Advertisement
6-6 floor 8-4 ceiling.

Three doormat wins and then hope to go 5-4 against p5.

New system on offense and defense again, Important people coming off injury again. Lack of upperclass talent again. I just hope for everyone’s mental health we win at least one more game and play more competitively, but I don’t honestly expect much progress this year in the w/l columns.

Advertisement
x2.

you realize we lost to the likes of duke and MTSU by double digits? we got skunked by Clemson and FSU as well.

if we win 6 or 7 this year i will be fine. DO NOT expect more than that. we have 1 QB and no WRs that are game changers.

the definition of insanity are posts like this. each year the we are back, this is easy, we will win the ACC coastal (can't now) crowd resurfaces only to be dragged to the depth of the ocean within a month of season start.

A&M, FSU, Clemson, UNC and NC State are tough games. Not to mention we play @ BC and the last time that happened they choked us out with the bandana.
You'd be fine with 6 or 7 wins? If Mario thinks he has a 6 win team right now, he needs to figure out how to upgrade over the next 6 months.

He gets a one season mulligan from me, but if we win 6 games next year, I lose almost all faith in the guy. And I'm a homer; he's not landing another top 5 recruiting class after a second straight stinker of a season.

Man, if we're only expecting 6 or 7 wins next year, get this guy out of here.

Double the cost and two years in and he's doing worse than the guy before him, that's somehow acceptable?

8 wins for any decent coach should almost be automatic. To get to that point, it doesn't take most 3 to 4 years. It sure as heck shouldn't in today's modern game with the portal, NIL, etc.

Better start getting it right this season. You've blamed the coaches you just hired last year. You blamed the players you didn't get to pick and in turn ran them off. Show improvement and that your judgment is to be trusted, it's that time. At the very least, look better at the end of the season than you did at the start.
Great post as usual, brother!

Be careful before the slurp crew comes after you. They don’t like to hear facts.

Can we just once not be picked to win the Coastal? It’s an annual joke as we plod to another .500 season.

We have to stop using "last year" or "last 20 years" as a predictor for next year. I'm not saying "15-0", but let's stop worrying about whether we are "overrated" or "underrated" for the upcoming year, and just play the games.

1677192238439.jpeg

Advertisement
Man, if we're only expecting 6 or 7 wins next year, get this guy out of here.

Double the cost and two years in and he's doing worse than the guy before him, that's somehow acceptable?

8 wins for any decent coach should almost be automatic. To get to that point, it doesn't take most 3 to 4 years. It sure as heck shouldn't in today's modern game with the portal, NIL, etc.

Better start getting it right this season. You've blamed the coaches you just hired last year. You blamed the players you didn't get to pick and in turn ran them off. Show improvement and that your judgment is to be trusted, it's that time. At the very least, look better at the end of the season than you did at the start.

Listen; history tells me that yr 2 of any coach worth a **** is supposed to be 10+ wins. There’s waaaaay too many examples of this, like it would take me forever to list all of the coaches we hold in esteem that shows the greater majority of them achieve huge success by year 2; no later than yr 3, but specifically by yr 2 in most cases.

I will be bitterly angry w/ Mario if we see the same product producing only 1-2 more wins in yr 2 at his pay. Even he at UO made leaps & bounds strides in yr 2. So that’s what I expect.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back