staff landing spots

Advertisement
The fate of the coaches that have come through Miami the last 10 years tells all you need to know about why the program is where it is right now. Very few have gone on to further their careers. Almost all went backwards in their careers and haven't been heard from since. Ironically, the most successful might be Coker, who found the perfect job at UT San Antonio.

Anyone remember Patrick Nix?

Nah, there's been some coaches who moved on to bigger and better things, but none of them rose to the top of the profession like people from Butch's staff did.

Fisch - NFl, now QB coach and passing game coordinator for Harbaugh.
Wesley McGriff- DB coach with the Saints now
Stoutland - went to Alabama and then the Eagles. Now out of a job but will get snatched up quickly.
Barrow - now coaching LB's for Pete Carroll
Tim Walton - got FIRED by Randy Shannon, ended up an NFL DC, and has been coaching in the NFL for like 6 or 7 years straight now

There's been some decent to good coaches that have come through here in the past decade. All were made to look worse than they really were by ****ty head coaches who didn't know how to run a program.

The staff from the past two years was very bad though.

I'm interested to see what happens to Swasey. I doubt he gets to be a head football S&C guy at a power 5 school ever again. Maybe an olympic sports guy.

So this tells me what ive been saying, its recruiting and letti g kids leave sfla. U could bring savan down here andif helets sfla kids leave **** b fked too. Even though we know saban would keep them home. MR keeps the kids here like Cook and Richards than thata a good sign

Advertisement
James Coley to UGA as WR Coach?? We will have alot recruiting battles for SFL now that hes over there

Richt cleaning house and where the previous staff is landing is extremely telling on our staff and how valued they are. Is there time left and will some of these guys land on their feet? Likely but they aren't being picked off as hot commodities. The 3 that have landed elsewhere are all demotions or setbacks in their career.

Golden - unemployed
Coley - UGA WR's (demotion)
Beard - unemployed
Scott - paycut to Tennessee
Kehoe - unemployed
Harris - rumored to be back to BTW (college to high school)
D'Onfrio - unemployed
Melvin - Purdue DL (demotion worthy)
H.Brown - unemployed
K.Brown - back at Miami is lesser role (demotion)
Williams - Illinois DB's (demotion worthy)

It's been over 3 weeks and still loud and clear how other teams feel about our old staff. Not surprising but eye opening how bad it truly was.

Richt cleaning house and where the previous staff is landing is extremely telling on our staff and how valued they are. Is there time left and will some of these guys land on their feet? Likely but they aren't being picked off as hot commodities. The 3 that have landed elsewhere are all demotions or setbacks in their career.

Golden - unemployed
Beard - unemployed
Kehoe - unemployed
D'Onfrio - unemployed
H.Brown - unemployed

It's been over 3 weeks and still loud and clear how other teams feel about our old staff. Not surprising but eye opening how bad it truly was.

Ray Charles could see how bad it was.

Golden - unemployed
Beard - unemployed
Kehoe - unemployed
D'Onfrio - unemployed
H.Brown - unemployed

Ray Charles could see how bad it was.

Maybe not if he wears the same shades.

DonnaShalalaMiami_0.webp

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden will join Butch on ESPN

The man who resurrected and built the Canes into the baddest mf's around and the piece of jersey toxic trash who tried to kill us once and for all. I would love to see the distain on Butch's face sitting next to that excuse making POS. Fokking assditch and his cloud. He was the cloud.

Go Canes!

The fate of the coaches that have come through Miami the last 10 years tells all you need to know about why the program is where it is right now. Very few have gone on to further their careers. Almost all went backwards in their careers and haven't been heard from since. Ironically, the most successful might be Coker, who found the perfect job at UT San Antonio.

Nah, there's been some coaches who moved on to bigger and better things, but none of them rose to the top of the profession like people from Butch's staff did.

Stoutland - went to Alabama and then the Eagles. Now out of a job but will get snatched up quickly.
Tim Walton - got FIRED by Randy Shannon, ended up an NFL DC, and has been coaching in the NFL for like 6 or 7 years straight now

There's been some decent to good coaches that have come through here in the past decade. All were made to look worse than they really were by ****ty head coaches who didn't know how to run a program.

I'm interested to see what happens to Swasey. I doubt he gets to be a head football S&C guy at a power 5 school ever again. Maybe an olympic sports guy.

So this tells me what ive been saying, its recruiting and letti g kids leave sfla. U could bring savan down here andif helets sfla kids leave **** b fked too. Even though we know saban would keep them home. MR keeps the kids here like Cook and Richards than thata a good sign

This staff had more than enough talent to win here. Look at what Hurns, Benjamin, Morris is still on an NFL roster, etc. are doing on the NFL. Shows what kind of talent we have had here. look at the players UM has in the NFL compared to what Bama has in the NFL from the Saban years and tell me there is a big disparity in talent. Coaching is the difference end of story.

Advertisement

This staff had more than enough talent to win here. Look at what Hurns, Benjamin, Morris is still on an NFL roster, etc. are doing on the NFL. Shows what kind of talent we have had here. look at the players UM has in the NFL compared to what Bama has in the NFL from the Saban years and tell me there is a big disparity in talent. Coaching is the difference end of story.

I could name two guys from bama that are going to be hof widerecievers and did not need a lick of coaching. Cooper Jones, different kind of player they sent to the league bruh. Those are andre johnson,type of talents so,stop

I could name two guys from bama that are going to be hof widerecievers and did not need a lick of coaching. Cooper Jones, different kind of player they sent to the league bruh. Those are andre johnson,type of talents so,stop

EVERY player needs coaching. Amazing and naive that you think players can just walk out on the field and play at a high level in college and the NFL (high school is a different matter).

Advertisement

"
EVERY player needs coaching. Amazing and naive that you think players can just walk out on the field and play at a high level in college and the NFL (high school is a different matter).

to me they will all get pretty much the same coaching at the college level power five conferences, so u mean to tell me that hurns is great because of golden? his last year at um was a great season soi guess we credit golden for developing him. so what we credit golden for all the kids he developed or he sucked which one is it.

Forgot one

Butch Davis - unemployed in a football capacity since forever.

True...but that's because of his perceived image as a "dirty coach"..not because of his ability. And before you all lose your mind and defend Butch cuz he was "cleared", that apparently doesn't matter to colleges. Hence, my wording as his "perceived image"..

to me they will all get pretty much the same coaching at the college level power five conferences, so u mean to tell me that hurns is great because of golden? his last year at um was a great season soi guess we credit golden for developing him. so what we credit golden for all the kids he developed or he sucked which one is it.

You honestly think the level/skill of coaching is equal at every power 5 school??? Wow.

Hurns is great because of: (1) natural athletic ability and (2) the coaching he has received in his time with the Jaguars. Pretty simple.

Advertisement
Back