Off-Topic Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of NASA

Advertisement
1723894415746.webp

1723894541093.webp

1723894587827.webp

Since I don’t follow NASA a lot these days but can someone explain to me why the two astronauts are stranded in ISS until next year?

I understand risk of flying back on Starliner or what ever took them up but why can’t we send another ship up to get them??

Advertisement
Since I don’t follow NASA a lot these days but can someone explain to me why the two astronauts are stranded in ISS until next year?

I understand risk of flying back on Starliner or what ever took them up but why can’t we send another ship up to get them??

Starliner is broken. NASA and Boeing don’t want the egg on face by having them come back via SpaceX. It would be a massive sign that Boeing and NASA have wasted billions for a bad spacecraft that isn’t even reusable.

Starliner is broken. NASA and Boeing don’t want the egg on face by having them come back via SpaceX. It would be a massive sign that Boeing and NASA have wasted billions for a bad spacecraft that isn’t even reusable.

Right but thought saw an article saying some company is going to ISS next month but then they wouldn’t come home until February or something

Advertisement
This is going to be a really awesome mission on the 26th with a few milestones

- Furthest humans have travelled from Earth since the moon landings 50+ years ago, and actually THE furthest a woman has ever gone. Will probably be very useful for more radiation data.
- First Commercial Spacewalk, which will actually vent the entire Dragon spacecraft because there is no separate airlock. Pretty risky.
- Will be testing out Starlink on Dragon. This is very important, and will be the future of space communication imo.
- All new EVA Spacesuit designed by SpaceX from their IVA suit.

Advertisement
Probably right decision but still confused why stuck until Feb?

I’d have to assume cost and risk management.

I thought SpaceX could handle 2 more in dragons but it may not have a dragon setup for 2 more available. Thus, sending an empty dragon would likely cost too much.

I’d have to assume cost and risk management.

I thought SpaceX could handle 2 more in dragons but it may not have a dragon setup for 2 more available. Thus, sending an empty dragon would likely cost too much.
Thanks

Thought I read one is docked at ISS already and one launching next month, will now more than likely be just two instead of four astronauts.

So, SpaceX would have two docked at ISS but can’t return until Feb? That is my confusion

Advertisement
Thanks

Thought I read one is docked at ISS already and one launching next month, will now more than likely be just two instead of four astronauts.

So, SpaceX would have two docked at ISS but can’t return until Feb? That is my confusion

I wonder if NASA is giving Boeing until February to fix it or Dragon will return them. I suspect the extra is always docked for emergency purposes

Advertisement
Back